The McLaren 600LT is one of the BEST Supercars

The McLaren 600LT is one of the BEST Supercars

The McLaren 600LT is one of the BEST Supercars


432.331 visualizações • 17 de jul. de 2021 • 2021 McLaren 600LT review by The Straight Pipes. The McLaren 600LT is pumping out 592hp and 457 lb-ft tq from a Twin Turbo 3.8L V8. Sitting at $321,000 CAD, would this be your pick over the Porsche GT3RS, Mclaren 720s, Mclaren 570s? Thanks to https://www.youtube.com/c/carwow for the 600LT night footage Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thestraightpipes Become a YouTube Member! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86S... Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c... Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thestraightp... Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/thestraight... Twitter! https://twitter.com/StraightPipers Buy our merch at teespring.com/stores/thestraightpipes Check out Continental Tire at https://www.continentaltire.ca ------------------- #mclaren #600lt #mclaren600lt ------------------- Mostrar menos Mostrar mais

The McLaren 600LT is one of the BEST Supercars



Jacob here bonford drive [Music] 20:19 mclaren 600 who pay with launch control Dork 592 horsepower 457 pound-feet of torque from a twin-turbo 3.8 liter v8 and thank you guys so much for getting us over 1 million subscribers we really appreciate it if you want to see more cool McLaren reviews subscribe so we can maybe review a p1 or maybe a Senna maybe a speed tail maybe even track some low clearance I'd be pretty sick like that's the only way we'll be able to do it with a little more songs maybe

even turn your notifications on as well so we've driven a 650 we've driven a 570 a 720 and a GT where does this fall in line ok so this is part of the sport series which is actually kind of part of the entry level series but this is the rowdiest one this is the track version of the 570s which this is based on and that's why it's got that 570 front end and back end but since this is the LT it's the long tail version so it does look slightly different yes the long tail is MacLaren's tr ack versions

basically so it's a little bit longer took a couple centimeters longer than the 570s and we all know that my favourite dream car that I can't get is the speed town yes which has tail in it any-any McCleary with the word tail in it I'm in love so since this is a track version of the 570s it's got a bunch of crazy track stuff like the front track width is wider this thing's lower it's got totally different suspension and it's got a lot of parts 1 2 7 20s it's got lighter br akes it's basically just

a rocketship built for the track which is actually still street-legal and it is a little bit longer - yes it is so let's send it into cliche corner with the traction on I should state it ok it understeers weight more than I thought but that's because the traction lights flashing at me and I am not turning this off because I don't own this car and I'm not gonna put into a ditch yeah it'd be a lot more fun the testings fully out on a track hopefully one day yeah but Shadow 2 McLaren Toronto

for hooking us up with this one and giving us so many more clearance to review okay yeah we're yelling a lot it's really loud in here let's try okay okay but back to actual handling so yelling yeah but back to actual handling it handles incredibly well it's just the understeer thing because the traction so if I were to turn it off which if I was on a racetrack I would love to do I think it wouldn't understand but it's doing the whole safety thing w e're trying not to direct me into the ditch

because this would oversteer for sure yeah MacLaren's love to oversteer it's so controllable and the thing that you get with MacLaren's all of them is I think the best steering because it just it feels so hydraulic it feels so natural yeah it's very predictable like very high on the predictability scale yes the predictability and confidence factor of driving these types of cars yeah for rear-wheel drive especially and even though this d oes have stiffer suspension when I'm in track mode and I'm

sending it through cliche corner it's totally fine like McLaren also gets really good damping and suspension even though this isn't hydraulic it still handles incredibly well it's dead flat I love how MacLaren's handle and even as a daily driver like this still isn't 317 is more bad no not even close like put this into normal and it's incredible with this track and it's still way better than the 370z Nismo for suspension is if they see maybe not as look we'll talk about that later yeah they are

Senna seats I said later okay sorry I just want to tell the people why we're sitting in paper-thin seats so now let's talk about this horsepower torque downshift downshift downshift sin okay lots of turbo lag just like every other McLaren and then you're just gone which makes it so fun up and like driving fast you're always going to be in the right gear you're not gonna have that you're Lola no it's just like sta rting from like two 3,000 like watch this I'm at 3,000 right now floor it and now

we're gone okay okay you know what people who think Tesla's and electric cars are the fastest need to get behind the wheel of one of these it's a slingshot yeah and let's talk about this amazing 7-speed dual-clutch transmission it shifts so quickly just watch and listen and now downshift so fast and are the shifts that hard because of the mode we're in yes okay so sport mode uses f1 derived ignition c ut to actually speed up the shift and make these loud pops in between gears so you really feel

the shifts in sport mode like watch like you feel the whole car yeah now if I'm gonna go to the track mode this uses inertia push watch this seamless and even faster which would you make sense cuz like the sport mode is like having fun on the streets looking cool but then when track you don't want anything like anything to shake around while you're shifting you want to be a super solid exa ctly and then we also have normal which I have done yeah it's really good for just driving normally

especially when like cops are driving behind you and looking at you because this is kind of a cute car yes it is and we'll get into the Supercross checklist later but it's pretty much just yeah and since we're talking about drive modes we also have handling drive modes just like we do in every other McLaren so we have normal sport and track and in all of them are so good and no ne of them work until you push the active button and whichever one you have in a higher mode that's what the gauge is

default to yes we do have that track inspired gauge where you have your shift lights and now you have an audible beep on this one track inspired bro it's straight up to the track yeah sorry it is just excited world look at your sig it is that drag inspired this is enough this isn't a Ford Edge STS re my bad come on we're good too much marketing pre-marketing thanks marketing let's see you done to me drag inspired we're gonna put that in the title and normally when you press the active button on

other MacLaren's that we've driven the wing actually changes as well this does not have the active arrow wing it's a fixed wing and the school cuz it's carbon fiber but also has a heat resistant coating on it because there's a friggin flame thrower exhaust right there pointed at it yeah so we have top exhaust on this and I've never driven a car with top exhaust and this is the coolest thing I have ever experienced for several different reasons number one it sounds incredible it's right behind

our heads number two is literally the closest thing I've ever experienced if I look in my rearview mirror when I'm flooring it I have the heat haze that blurs everything in the middle I feel like I'm gonna get lighter and even when you see someone getting out of it you just see they keep blowing behind them all the time it's so badass it real ly is and then the final thing that's cool about it which we can't experience during the day is it will shoot flames at night as you rev it like how crazy

is that how is that even legal I don't know but I don't care so there's obviously a lot more to talk about with the exterior and the interior and even some more performance but let's get you behind the driver seat behind the driver's seat in the driver to save room behind the back man what are the worst at talking our scriptwriter is definitely fired I'm gonna put you into launch control launch who's building who's ready [Music] god that's a good launch for a rear-wheel-drive card like the best

rule drive line I think we've ever had I think so god damnit holy SH bza so I guess that would suit our checklist yes and yes and bonus points for top exhaust doesn't have a gimmicky steering wheel yes of course it does it's got a carbon fiber steering wheel with the best paddles ever maybe that go opposite way so you can up shift with your left hand yeah the same paddle can go both ways does it fit a box box test so we can only put one box in the McLaren right now and that's going to be Andy

the lab's box because she did an awesome mclaren GT review that you guys should check out oh that's a that's a fail perfect supercar pass but there's still enough room to put a carry-on bag there so I'm happy yes just not a box we haven't done this one for a while so let's bring it back is there carbon fibe r yeah it's a carbon fiber tub everywhere and the coolest thing about it is the floor it's bare there's just like floor mats on top of it yeah there's no carpets there's carbon fibre

everywhere in here and outside so so yes oh yeah and do you look cool getting in or out to be honest you don't look cool at all because of these Santa seats but because there's really thin Sinha seats you do look cool getting in and out yeah I guess but then you kind of have to explain this like listen these are Santa seats by Constellation or whatever yeah yeah you don't you look cool but you are cool exactly does it fit a cup of coffee it has an amazing cup holder with great grips at the

bottom so that is a fail a total fail how about the visor test oh it's fine great do one total fail which is a supercar pass and finally does it get a lot of attention yeah so lighter attention especially in this chill color yeah which is crazy because you wouldn't expect it in this color but this car looks so wild that it gets so much attention so super car ABS wonderful said the supercar I love it okay but talking about the attention in the looks a gt3 is kind of confident for this right gt3rs

yeah a blacked-out gt3rs would go so much more under the radar than this oh yeah this looks like a spaceship a gt2 RS in black goes under the radar compared to this even in black yes do the doors go up yeah yeah they go up hell yeah they do haha by the way Lamborghini mak e all your doors go up yes all of them Huracan horas everything changed the rules everything up it doesn't need a v12 anymore so I guess we could probably get into the looks a little bit I would love to it's pretty much exactly

a 570 yes it is except with a bunch of carbon added to it everywhere so at the front we got like a nice cool lift kit along everything at the bottom but besides that the same we've got the older style of McLaren headlights that I love and moving around to the side we have a bunch of crazy Aero in the front wheel wells to cool down the brakes just enough and we got those vents on the fenders as well yet to get rid of negative pressure just like the gt3 RS and the gt2 RS M how about the wheels

you'll love them I do really like these wheels they are forged they're super lightweight I love light coloured wheels on pretty much anything and then we have carbon ceramic brakes and a really cool orange mclaren brake calipers yeah they look real ly nice you don't need Brembos on here and then i absolutely 100% love all the gaps and everything in the door panel I think that's the coolest thing ever yeah and it's all carbon fibre you can look through everything and the 600 LT has even wider

carbon-fiber side scoops than the 570s and then moving on to the back obviously the best part is the top exhaust yeah I love that that's the craziest thing ever it actually saves a lot of weight not only does it look cool and then we've got carbon fiber up there you can kind of peek through some holes and see some engine stuff but that's all sealed up and this one is not a spider so that's pretty cool and the Kupe has been discontinued for 2020 hence why we're driving a 2019 yeah I was at

a bachelor party last year when they offered it so uh yeah we're supposed to drive this last year no regrets I went jetski and then if you look near the back wheels you'll see there's like a giant gap right through there if that looks so wild and then the wildest part of the whole back end I think besides the flamethrower top exhaust is that diffuser if the fusers absolutely massive and it's all carbon fiber and then we've got little cameras in there too we've got cameras at the front because we

can record our laps and stuff like with this camera right here yeah this is a full o track car it's not tracking spinal track inspired and the 600 LT has so many crazy options that you can add Claire in Toronto a ctually has one with some of the craziest paint that I've ever seen and they also have a roof scoop yeah a friggin roof scoop like a rally car I don't know if I'd option that I think I would I like I like the sleekness so overall looks wise 10 out of 10 11 out of 10 this is like the 570s

just turned up a notch I like this a lot more than I like the 7th 20s and a lot more than I like the McLaren GT I think this might be my favorite book you know more than a 720 because you love the 720 I love everything about the 720 how it drives how fast it is but I think I like how this one looks more but the 765 LT is out now and I may have to change my mind once I drive that speed tail bro that's the best-looking one it does look not that I'll ever get to drive home however and before I get

into the interior I want to do some rips and automatics so let's go to auto mode and right now we are in normal ready ready kind of kind of slow to get into a flow let's try it in sport ho w'd it flow as well and let's try track a lot faster the automatic transmission is really good once you get going but like that initial flooring it you're probably gonna lose the someone who's ready yes you're at the mercy of the turbo boost and there is a lot of lag in the clearance so now moving on to

the interior we've got like that dark grey Alcantara we've got cool orange Alcantara and then we've got these crazy Santa seats yeah so everything in here is crazy lightweight the default seats for this are actually from the p1 these are the optional Sena seats and they're crazy like they look crazy and they feel pretty crazy getting in and out but once you're sitting in them it's so comfortable yeah but having anything in your pocket is a total nightmare at least for me but is it worth it for

how cool they look and the fact that you can tell people you have Santa seats a hundred percent like I don't mind the struggle to get in and out like it does suck b ut I'm young I might as well do while I still can and it's all manual adjustment that's like the coolest part but it is a real struggle to get in not as much for me you're bigger than me though yeah but these like super crazy side bolsters like this is more difficult than a gt3 RS to get in it yeah that's half the fun of it though but

then the cushioning is like super firm which is fine and then we've got like a hole between the bottom padding where you can like lose absolutely everyt hing so you need to be really careful yeah and then we also have netting on the side so you can store some extra stuff in the door panels just don't forget about it when you have your doors up no well that's why the netting is there well just in case there's still gas that's all that's in there solid and like we mentioned earlier we've got the

same old gauges that change with every mode on the left we've got that like ancient menu that you can control here you can make the nose loo p system go up and down but it's like very difficult to use it's a lot more difficult than they figured out in the 720 s just like the infotainment in the 720 s because this is still the old one yeah so you got Sirius satellite radio by like that's pretty much hidden yeah my menu in SETI this it's really hard you just don't use it use it for the race car

yeah and the best part about McLaren infotainment is that in the climate control the guys wearing a race bucket and when you put in Reverse you do have your reverse camera show up in your gauge cluster which is kind of hard you have to like look where at your steering wheel to see that's definitely a supercar thing though and there also shows up like a reverse radar thing in the infotainment it looks like something I'm trying to shoot down the Death Star with yeah it looks like those

old-school video games something one thing I kind of don't like about the interior this this mirror shakes a lot yes it does like I mean my Prowler mirror shakes like a raptor weird shapes lawd like i don't think this should be shaking as much as it does yeah but racecar things yeah I guess race-inspired though they have like big arrays big race mirrors yeah and lucky for us the air conditioning works perfect in this one yeah it's not coughing on us is great yeah hundred percent good it's

by default when you spec one of these out there is no a/c and there is no infotainment you can add them back for $0 and I'm very thankful that they headed it back yeah please please add that stuff back yes now what do you think of MacLaren's with no sunroof or no spider roof like it's not bad but it's not bad but the spider is just so much better and you can still get this in a spider and then you get all that crazy sound from the outside but then you lose a lot of the way reduction because of

the spider niz yeah you might lose a lot but then you gain a lot of sound and fly and the fa ct that you put that window down and stuff and get even more sound and still have the roof behind I feel like I have to go spider yeah same here and surprisingly enough the view from here is like actually pretty good like the visibility is fantastic yeah with McLaren's you get that amazing disability and that driving position which is so good and to finish an awful little cliche corner cent please send it

as hard as you can Yuri oh it totally kills everything reaction on ah it's kind of like what the AMG GT are did I like ah you really gotta have the traction off for a full send one day on a track day yes alright so that's pretty much everything with the 600 LT let's get to the price it's a lot of money three hundred and twenty one thousand dollars Canadian worth it worth it totally worth it so this competes with like the gt3 RS and like the Huracan evil or Huracan purple Montagne to be honest I

keep thinking back to which car I would want the most I think if I w anted to be like subtle and like do my thing and nobody noticed me I would go Porsche for sure if I wanted to have like the full supercar experience I'd have to go this because the doors go up exactly but like the Lamborghinis sounds I think better I think it sounds way better I don't think this sounds particularly good it's just but I really love the sound of MacLaren's maybe even more than the Lamborghinis even though they

kind of sound better this is just like more raw and like f1 yeah it kind of is but f1 currently doesn't sound very good so yeah so then when you take this over that orange 720s we review man I really really like this and the 720s was a spider dude that's the hardest decision ever ever I would go this because it's got the front end I like it's got tail in the name it's got up exhaust like this is a cooler car but the 720's was just a monster so you go in 720 and I'm going this I don't know

man let us know in the comments below Lambor

0 resposta a "The McLaren 600LT is one of the BEST Supercars"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel