The 2021 Mercedes-AMG GLC63 S is a Twin Turbo V8 Car Disguised as an SUV

The 2021 Mercedes-AMG GLC63 S is a Twin Turbo V8 Car Disgui

The 2021 Mercedes-AMG GLC63 S is a Twin Turbo V8 Car Disguised as an SUV


643.913 visualizações • 6 de jul. de 2021 • 2021 Mercedes-AMG GLC63S review by The Straight Pipes. The Mercedes-AMG GLC63 S is pumping out 503hp and 516 lb-ft tq from a Twin Turbo 4L V8. Sitting at $112,350 CAD, would this be your pick over the BMW X3M Competition, Porsche Macan Turbo, Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio? Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thestraightpipes Become a YouTube Member! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86S... Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c... Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thestraightp... Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/thestraight... Twitter! https://twitter.com/StraightPipers Buy our merch at teespring.com/stores/thestraightpipes Check out Continental Tire at https://www.continentaltire.ca ------------------- #mercedes #glc #amg ------------------- Mostrar menos Mostrar mais

The 2021 Mercedes-AMG GLC63 S is a Twin Turbo V8 Car Disguised as an SUV



[Music] a Jacob unhealable for Drive [Music] 20:20 mercedes-amg GL c63 s 4matic plus with launch control [Music] god that's violent Westborough dark 503 horsepower 516 pound-feet of torque from a handcrafted four litre twin turbo v8 and this is all-wheel-drive yes it is climatic plus and even though it's 4matic Plus this does not have drift mode no it doesn't even though it's theoretically capable of it which means disconnecting the front wheels so it's full rear wheel drive and I even checked

the Mercedes AMG Canada website and it says even in its pure rear drive mode which I can't get this into and there is no pure rear drive mode that I can find I mean if there is a secret way to do it Mercedes engineers hit us up let us know we'll try it next year maybe yeah maybe but anyways this thing's fast so let me just floor it down ship so quickly oh it sounds so good too yes like it's the most satisfying SUV to drive and shift besides of the Stelvio Quadrifoglio yeah this I jus t can't

get over every time you say Quadrifoglio the folio anyways yeah this is straight up one of my favorite SUVs to drive because it doesn't feel like an SUV pretty much at all and especially compared to the BMW equivalents like the x3 M and the X form that we drove on the track this feels so much better yeah this is just more exciting to drive it handles better it overall just generally feels faster and just more aggressive and you can hear when it's time to shift you can hea r the motor more

compared to the BMWs as well which rely a lot more on the pump in this yeah and since this is a 9-speed multi-plate clutch transmission it feels a lot better off the line than it does compared to the x3 M because that's a traditional ZF on and again that all-wheel drive for launches just kills everything that's rear wheel drive for lunch even if it's like a faster car you know yeah so this is zero to 100 km/h is 3.8 seconds which is on par with the x5 m compet ition but this feels so much

better compared to the GTR that we drove recently that's rear-wheel drive this launch is probably going to be overall faster unless you're on a perfectly pressed surface and doing like a zero to 64 motor trend or rodent track or something yeah because the GTR is 0.2 seconds faster to 100 but getting that actual number is nearly impossible this will do 3.8 all day and probably even faster them yeah I I like this a lot yes and since this is a real AM G it has a handcrafted motor so there is

a signature on it but let's talk about the actual handling into cliche corner so I'm gonna put it into race mode and traction fully off and let's see what this does okay this just straight up feels like a car except a little bit taller now I'm going to floor out of this corner and see what happens a little bit of oversteer only because I fully had to turn off the traction not only because the traction because you're also in race mode if you were to try the same thing in Sport Plus it like still

bogs down with everything off because new for this year is AMG dynamics which we thoroughly explained in our AMG GT R reviews so watch that so to get your AMG dynamics into master you have to have it in race mode or you can also customize it through your individual you can't customize it any other way yes the AMG GT R you're able to customize it from the button on the steering wheel in any mode so if we go through cliche cor ner in Sport Plus with traction on let's see it bog down okay same thing

going to downshift the same gear as I did before and yeah you can feel the outside just bogging down like it doesn't fully cut the power yet but it wants to bog down so hard but generally talking about handling and suspension this Andrea is absolutely incredible way better than the GLC 43 which was already really good but pretty much exactly the same as the last GL c63 that we drove and what's been updated is the outside looks a little bit and we've got the all-new MBU acts inside yeah so

the engine is the same the handling should be basically the same other than the AMG dynamics which have been added so that changes things a little bit so handling wise this does have adaptive air suspension and it is fairly stiff stiffer than typical BMW models but not overly stiff even in comfort mode in this car yeah very liveable and you can even dump the rear end to make this thing look way better when it's parked but only one you're loading stuff in yeah but generally this thing has a

way better overall stance compared to the 43 and since this is a real AMG we haven't really touched on this yet let's talk about the sound downshift downshift [Music] that v8 Rumble and let's see if we get some crackles yes so good it does sound like it is pumped in in here yeah it must be a little bit but from the outside this sounds incredible when you were passing me by I was in a diffe rent car it sounded amazing with the window down and while you're driving you can hear everything you can

hear every shift every time you do something you hear you know what's going on and it's so much more satisfying than a BMW products that are equivalent yeah and it's such an aggressive tone and the overall crackles and pops are just they're programmed so well that they're like random yes enough they're they're random but like kind of predictable yeah they're gonna happen like I can make them happen non-stop so I'm gonna downshift and just over and over be really annoying kind of like what we did

with the AMG GT C's it's a love it it's exactly what I want exactly like piano bees are just too predictable and the tone of the Pops is just wrong it's this is fantastic AMG engineers like round of applause for you guys but then you can't rev it all the way to red line when you're part which kind of sucks but like no one really lets you do that except the AMG GTR l et you do that yeah so with all that out of the way let's talk about looks but let's get you behind the wheel non confusing

launch control hold the brake florid race start [Music] okay love really good and equivalent BMW would have given us a hard time trying to get into that launch control yes it would have and since this is a real AMG unlike the 43 not hating just stating this does have race mode yes the other one would stop at Sport Plus yes which is why this also gets lau nch control okay so let's get into the looks because we recently drove the GLC 43 and there's a lot of changes between that and this one

specifically what your II okay if you look at the front end the GLC 43 had similar openings these ones look a little bit bigger and they're full out openings they're real where the GLC 43 just kind of had that plastic material in front but we do have the exact same headlights and I think this front end does look great yes this is the updated GLC headlights so they do look good we do have the panamericana front grille which i think the year before is GLC 43 only had the pin grill but this

year's also has the pen american girl and then around those big openings at the bottom we do have body color match swoops that go around the openings too and moving around to the side we have different wheels than we had on the 43 but I like these almost as much but they're not my favorite compared to the forged wheels you can get which we had on the e63 yes I really really love these wheels and I think Mercedes is doing an awesome job of specking out their models finally and compared to the 43

that we had this has six piston front calipers and the 43 had four piston front calipers and that one didn't have red front calipers did it no it did not right for a race car that's right and what is the Continental recommended tire for the AMG GL c63 s the Conti Sport contact six then on the 43 we had plastic cladding over both wheel arches this one we also still have plastic cladding we can't get it body match but on the 43 that we recently drove it had wider plastic cladding on the back only

where this GL c63 has wider on the back and on the front yes so the front on the 63 is only a little bit wider than the 43 but it does totally suck that you can't color match it in any options that Mercedes offers yeah but I don't even know if it would look better you know I think it would be mws are always color matched and I think they look really good just get the black one no no yeah yeah okay and then obviously this is not the coupie version which means that I automatically like it more

yeah and I'm just not even gonna talk about that right now it just looks like a really tall wagon like a fat wagon yes and it's very car II especially if you look at the side view when you dump the back from the trunk the way the wheels sit inside the arches is perfect I kind of want the front t o be the same way I fully want that come on Mercedes I know you can probe down tonight in here so now I'm moving on to the back end we do have an extra little spoiler added on top of the spoiler which is

the same as the GLC 43 spoiler and then we have the mercedes updated design language taillights which look pretty cool and then we've got double dual quad exhaust in here yes not ovals like on the 43 and they sound and look amazing here but they are not real exhaust they're disconnec ted so 2020 real yes unfortunately but fun fact they actually get really hot because the exhaust is still blowing directly on to them yeah somehow I managed to burn the back of my leg on this one and the 40 yes you

did and between those exhaust tips we've got a pretty nice diffuser nothing too crazy and a trailer hitch yes to tow my jet ski with how many jet skis can we tell with this couple I only have one though so we both like the looks of this GL c63 a lot how do you feel it loo ks compared to the competition so like the BMW x3 M competition the Alfa Romeo stell vo Quadrifoglio the Jaguar FP SVR the volvo xc60 ta Polestar engineer and the Porsche Macan turbo I think this is near the top personally this

is I think the most car II version of all of those but the still vo is kind of tied with this because it's just so cool so moving on to the interior since this is a real AMG it does have track paste I did try to get it connected again still no luck it said it' s not available to the app just yet which sucks but it's cool I tested it out and we can do ghost mode so you can run through a track and while you're driving it'll have a granted reality show ghost it's a really cool feature I just wish it

worked better yes if someone from Mercedes can walk us through it that would be perfect I'm sure there's a way to make it work but it's just difficult for us to figure it out which it shouldn't be yeah cuz I want to use my phone as the 4k camera fo r a track stuff to test it out but I just can't get it working exactly so this does have the new MDX infotainment it does have the trackpad to use it which I don't like however this whole time I've been using it as just a touchscreen and it's been

working great what do you think I've been telling you the whole time with this new system okay and the best part is these three vents up here I use the middle one to rest my fingers and I touch everything I need to do when you use it it 's just a touch screen it's definitely better but I still miss the rotary wheel and it's nice that the vents aren't gloss-black in this one so just like the GOC 43 it's pretty much exactly the same we've got apple carplay it's not full wide screen we've

got Android auto we've got rewinding sound like radio stations in tune mix we have themes a very high resolution 360 camera lots of angles to make parking easy and then we've got the updated gauge which is pretty much exactl y the same as everything on Mercedes now even whether it doesn't have the updated MDX yeah we have the Super Sport gauges which we love because it puts the tach right in the middle and it flashes red when it's time the option or when you're doing launch control that we got a

nice head up display that we can customise a bunch of different ways to have tax and stuff and we have an awesome D shaped steering wheel with alcantara and then we also have the drive mode functions on the steer ing wheel as well as the LCD functions that you can change the more and more I drive these new AMG models the more and more I love all these funds on the steering wheel I think it's great and I love that there's full drive modes unlike the x5 m that doesn't have dedicated sport Comfort

Sport Plus race all that stuff that's what I'm saying this new Mercedes system of customization is my favorite in comparison to BMWs because I really like the BMW previous generation system and then t his does have the cool ambient lighting but it's not as good as the e-class but it is pretty good and then we've got carbon fibre in the dash and I think it looks awesome you can get dark ash wood with jury likes and then you've got nice materials on the side all like this brush steel stuff then

we've got heated and cooled seats which is great and you like the seats I do like them they're a lot more bolstered than they were in the 43 and I love the seating position you get so nice and low it totally feels like I'm in a car like I don't feel like I'm in an SUV yeah it's only handling wise that you kind of feel that it's a little bit top-heavy but driving wise and sitting wise yeah you're kind of in a car and since this is an SUV and it is kind of disguised as a car we should probably

do the box test box test one two three four five six seven eight nine 10:11 and i feel like that's more room than you'd get in like the a a class hatch and probably even more r oom than an AMG e wagon I don't remember what the EU wagon did but I feel like if you need the room but you still want your SUV to pretty much be a car this is like the perfect compromise yeah a hundred percent because you don't even really compromise on the back seats which still have a lot of room at six foot one and a

half for myself and there's no compromise in the drive like at all no you're right but I would still personally take an e63 s wagon just because I'm me and to cut o ff power to the front wheels yeah and it is a wagon so it just looks cooler and yeah this is like the Subaru Forester like cool wagon style thing you know yeah I get it and we do have two cupholders up front and let's find out if it fits this cup that I already had in there yep it's just perfect how about the geysers find out three

two one yes perf look how far that goes all the way good job Mercedes you can you just give me one more rip before we talk about the price so good sound ing hit me what the price starts at $93,000 canadian and this one with a bunch of options is 112 thousand three hundred and fifty dollars don't mind the price i don't either and it's in the ballpark of every other car in this segment except the volvo which kind of technically shouldn't be in the segment but it kind of is okay good cuz there's no

way a Volvo is this fun to drive is this nowhere near as fun to drive with this because it has that weird horsepower number that's that the whole thing Pavel it's probably not even as fun to drive as a GLC 400 or 300 so then overall would you take this over one of the competition that you listed earlier I would take this over pretty much all over the competition but I would tie it with the Stelvio Quadrifoglio and I really like the Porsche makan as well I would take the stubble Quadrifoglio over

this for sure I get it I wouldn't even call it a Quadrifoglio I would straight up office portfolio thank you there that car was too special even though I loved driving this that stell vio was just so perfect I had way more fun driving that I think because of that half Ferrari motor yeah no I totally get that but I totally also loved this v8 sound and the way this handles I just this is Mercedes AMG seems to be more me and even though I love all of the tech that's in here that's not in the Snell

vo it's just that gets one extra point one you do get more luxurious features and I think the interior is generally sed as an SUV

0 resposta a "The 2021 Mercedes-AMG GLC63 S is a Twin Turbo V8 Car Disguised as an SUV"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel