Tesla Model S P90D Review - Years Later, Is The Hype Real?

Tesla Model S P90D Review - Years Later, Is The Hype Real?

Tesla Model S P90D Review - Years Later, Is The Hype Real?


619.186 visualizações • 14 de mai. de 2021 • We go for a drive in the 2021 Tesla Model S P90D Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thestraightpipes​ Become a YouTube Member! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86S...​ Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...​ Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thestraightp...​ Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/thestraight...​ Twitter! https://twitter.com/StraightPipers​ Buy our shirts! Profits go directly to burnouts: teespring.com/stores/thestraightpipes​ Driving shots and Tesla provided by @Kala.ltd The insta 360 camera that we used: https://www.insta360.com/sal/one_x?in...​ Check out Continental Tire at https://www.continentaltire.ca​ ------------------- #tesla​ #modelS​ #p90d​ ------------------- Mostrar menos Mostrar mais

Tesla Model S P90D Review - Years Later, Is The Hype Real?



[Music] URI Jacob going for a drive [Music] 20:16 tesla model s p90d ludicrous mode as well so what does p90d mean and why is it a 2016 pious performance which means you get bigger motors than the non piece 90 is the battery size 90 kilowatt hour d is the dual motor because this is all-wheel drive and then what does that underline underneath p90d mean ludicrous mode and what is ludicrous mode that is a $13,000 200 option when this was new and that makes this go ridiculously fast ludicrously fast

as everybody has already joked about because this cars been out for a little while yeah we're catching up to the review game with this we got this Tesla from my buddy VIN who I used to work in the film industry with he got me started he's got this cool new motor crane arm that he's gonna be using for film he's gonna film all the driving shots with this yeah let us know if you guys want us to review that actual film car as well because we actually might have an opportunity to do that and follow

them on Instagram kalla limited do it now we should probably test that ludicrous mode I guess that's the predictable thing to do I mean is it really gonna be that fast like how could it be that fast we've driven the gt2 RS that was about three seconds zero to 100 you driven an icon that was a perform on teh spider that was also around three second AMG c63s wagon with launch control yes how can this be faster well I've seen some videos online this cars no pro a while like we said I don't know

what to expect let's test it out we actually full disclosure I've not tried it yet we were saving it for the video ready here we go we are ready launch mode enabled send it oh my god look in my chest zero 203 seconds yeah both that your turn yeah I gotta do this I've got a bad feeling that's gonna be worse from the passenger seat probably oh this is unreal that yeah oh I had hurts again I felt the blood coming from my feet up I've never felt that before I do h onestly kind of miss the theater of

the gas engine sounds but the launch sensation is insane all right let's get you back in here okay horsepower and torque Yuri seven hundred and sixty two horsepower and 713 pound-feet of torque that's a lot of horsepower and a lot of torque but the tricky thing is Tesla removed all their horsepower numbers from stuff because people were complaining that things weren't accurate cuz the way they were masking it up yeah it didn't they change the math because they didn't add both the motors at the

same time and like lowered it substantially it was weird stuff but like at the end of the day is it fast AF yes it is and the horsepower numbers don't matter now cuz it's crazy so 0 to 100 time is what matters and that is accurate at about 3 seconds probably a little bit less than that if Ludacris launched on a good prep surface so I guess the first thing we should address in this Tesla is the big screens and all the tech because it's a very techy car yes it is what do you think of this 17 inch

screen we don't have much time with this car but I've already gotten quite used to it it was really good how weird is that yeah so I'm not stressed out like I was in the BMW x5 everything is fairly intuitive it's really good so here if we click the bottom-left button that'll lead us to our home screen we got the camera up right now so if I click this arrow I can get rid of it which is shocking because I could figure this out within a few hours yeah you do have to take your eyes off the road a

lot like pretty much all the time watch it I can hit the volume without looking alright that's the only one hit this heated seats without looking yeah exactly what I'm saying but it's fine you're just gonna have to get used to taking your eyes off the road and if you're looking for a Tesla Model 3 you'll really have to get used to taking her as eyes off the road because they don't have a gauge cluster in the mode l 3 but in this Model S we still do but to be honest there's not that much more

information displayed on the main gauge cluster I feel like I understand why they got rid of it for the model 3 but I haven't driven it yet just saying okay so let's start with what's on the homescreen we have the map which is a Google map based map yes it is let's just make this large and when you click somewhere you can see all the charging stations like look how many there are across this map of no t loaded North America yeah so this is a 2016 and it's not loading as fast as apparently

the newer Tesla models yeah I guess it's kind of like it updates automatically so what somebody reviewed in 2016 it's different now it's like me having an iPhone 4 and then updating it three times with all the new iOS is yes so this would have been launched with iOS 4 and now it has iOS 10 so iOS 10 on your phone is laggy er than it was when it was new yeah but what's cool is we can click on a charging station and it's just test the chargers and we went to one earlier today to charge it up and

it was so easy it was the easiest thing ever you literally pull up to the thing you press the button on the charger and your charge port opens it knows exactly which charge port to open which is wild and you plug it in and then you get updates to your phone we don't have the owners phone right now so he was probably getting the updates so we charge for about an hour and a half and we got almost full battery which got us three hundred and eighty kilometers of rain and I think the full range is

about four hundred and thirty kilometers yeah which is pretty respectable yeah that's like and for the speed of charged that and charging was free for us because when this Tesla was purchased it was included with free charging yeah the Tesla supercharger network is definitely like the best reason to buy an electric test yet there's no other Tesla's yeah it's insane that like they're so ahead of everyone with everything it is but the funniest part about having to charge your electric cars is that

URI tends to spend a lot of money when he's charging electric cars not on charging money clothes okay so the way I see it I live in an apartment so I can't charge at home so when I go out to charge a car I go out somewhere where I got to go do something so usually I go to the mall because unlike Jacob I actually like walking around mall old people style and it happened to go buy some shoes maybe try on some pants get some clothes for the show because I like fancy clothes sometimes yeah so I

think you should factor in how much you spend while your car is charged okay but to be fair we got lunch today yes I wasn't really hungry but now you don't have to eat later so that's covered that's true and then I needed some new shoes because mine were dirty so I was gonna get shoes one or another but you already bought shoes last week yeah but these ones were on sale while you were charging another electric car okay whatever I accept that I'm saying you should just add that to your charging

budget yeah but like when I charge at the hospital then I go for a run sure that's not something I can subtract that from my gym membership unless you had to pay to park at the charger there I'd have to pay for the park there I just had to pay to charge okay so what I'm saying is when you go to a gas station you would basically ju st buy like beef jerky and a bag of chips whereas if you charge an electric car you typically go to a mall or something like that I need a healthier meal or go for a

run or do the stuff I had to do anyway so the potential to spend more money on while you charge is substantially higher than a gas car but that's all I'm saying I'm saying that I do like electric cars but I just want to put that out there okay and we did want to top-up the charging so we had to change how high charges past like the 80% and then while we were waiting we played some Atari games on the stream yeah so it's got a bunch of built-in games which is pretty funny and it's honestly pretty

cool to actually have that and while we were waiting for the car to get to max battery for ludicrous mode we checked out some of the other features the car has we checked out a bunch of fart things you can be Mars you can be a fireplace you can draw stuff don't forget to tweet Elon to get us some more Tesla 's and don't forget to subscribe as well if the notification bill okay back to this home screen so if we click the bottom left that's the home screen you get your music at the bottom but then

if you click it again you get to your vehicle settings yeah so everything's very intuitive so if I want to adjust my suspension I go to suspension fairly obvious if I want to lower the car I can lower it because this does have air suspension however you cannot drive in the lowest mode I find tha t it always raises you back up to standard and then if you always raise your car at the same spot it'll GPS remember that so if you have a driveway that's tricky it'll always raised at that GPS location

yeah super cool so then if we go to our driving then you can change your Ludacris your sport your chill and then like we showed you earlier the max battery power what does that say is that in small letters ready I was hoping you'd look come on did you know yeah okay it's literally th e best and then let's talk about our other mode so we have creep which is like you let off the gas and it starts moving forward let off the accelerator and it starts moving forward so just like a regular car or if

you want it to feel like a manual car and then we've got range mode which helps you go a little farther by reducing climb and stuff and we have slip start we haven't been able to try so that turns off why your traction let's see what happens try it oh my Wow that's even b etter yeah because it doesn't like loosen up for traction just pushes through and since it's all wheel drive it's just pure grip it just goes yeah and by the way we are on winter tires and this is still launching every single

time so far but once you launch on slip start it kicks out of it yeah so it's not like full traction off to do donuts you probably do a lot of tricks to be able to do that but the model 3 has track mode we should test that out Tweedy on yes we should test that out so let's go back to quick controls for a second because that's where all your main stuff is we got our lights at the top that's easy to see I would like a hard button for the exterior lights but it makes sense that it's anything I

like that's the guy rid of every hard bud I know but let's talk about the sunroof how cool is it ok so you just press this and drive it yeah no problem let's depress that no you got to wait for it to open now now you can click and drag it back up y ou can drag to what percentage of openness you want I've never seen that before in a car it's kind of cool and it's intuitive for a big screen to to it if I don't feel distracted there is some lag in the screen which is a little bit frustrating at

times especially if you're trying to use the web browser which is just don't even bother using it but other than the lag it's really intuitive the buttons are exactly where you expect everything that we've tried to find has been pretty much in every single menu that we've tried to find it in the first place it's like it was designed by Apple almost sort of I fully understand that they probably I stole a whole bunch of iOS developers to build this car I would believe that and now two radios

really quickly we have Sirius satellite radio but this one's not enabled I don't see a rewinding mode so I don't think you can we'll have to find out one day Tesla Model 3 Elon but it has a bunch of streaming stuff and if yo u click the button and ask for a certain artist it'll find it and play it and I think that's through Spotify built-in I'm not 100% sure but it's been working flawlessly for us so far and you can connect your phone to it but only through Bluetooth for your iPhone there is

no Android auto apple carplay because you kind of don't need the mr. mapps yeah exactly this has like better Maps yeah if they weren't laggy it wouldn't bother me as much but they're still very very very good one more thing about the maps say you want to drive to Montreal you say I want to go there and it'll pick a route for you through the Google Maps software stuff but it'll stop at all the Tesla charges you need on the way and tell you how long you need to stop and charge for slow clap

because that is all I've ever wanted wait electric car I put it into autopilot and then join you in that slow clap that's all I've ever wanted from electric car like honestly like that is my biggest c omplaint about trying to do long-distance stuff I don't want to have to think about where the chargers are and all that stuff I just want to drive and this solves that and like even Matt Farah was saying about his eye pace the infrastructure was the biggest problem Tesla solved it by building our

era I said that is what he's been going on about that really recently it makes sense yeah but every electric car that is the problem is the infrastructure Tesla has the infrastructure so t here's really no problem and following the app you don't get stuck going into people's private properties for like crowdsource chargers yes would the first time I had a MetroCard Owen or whatever we like hey can I charge you to like you don't live here I'm like okay but it's on an app and he's like I don't know

what you're trying to say get out of here yeah I know and I guess with all that stuff there's a lot more to talk about there is I think you should drive maybe do some handling and then we'll get deep into the autopilot because let's be real this has it it's the past autopilot and it works so say if we navigate to that supercharger we were at it shows up on the left side of your gauges and it's Google map in your gauges it's the one other thing we've been asking for in every other car this is

true it's so perfect so clear and then what else did you notice on the supercharger I noticed idle fees so if you're sitting there after you're done charging you ge t charged more so they force you to leave your spot so you're not chilling there so they've solved that problem too slow clap get into autopilot with DoubleTap great job thanks Elon great job okay let's cancel this navigation cancel navigation hey it canceled it Wow things work so let's talk power oh my god this is actually the best

like this is so fast so I don't know if I would ever get bored of this like I'm not sure if this would lose its wear kind of thing like I don't know it doesn't lose its wear if you're in the driver's seat but I swear to God any more polls in the passenger's seat like gonna be sick maybe before I get sick okay but this is this is unreal like you get full power from zero rpm because electric car and it's it's so fun so let's do a little bit of handling so there aren't really any drive modes so if

we go to our driving then I can change the steering mode so I can go to comfort and it gets way loose which is very weird I don't like this mode I think the best one is probably the support it's really tight almost BMW like but with no feel which I expect because it's an electric car and what if we change the ludicrous mode to chill mode so quickly do a ludicrous okay yeah so watch your ease head and we go to chill yeah and it is actually chill sport and the fact that they named it chill is

pretty hilarious okay yeah so like there's a huge difference in sport mode it's very accurate so if we're filming a Top Gear epi sode and they were like I now check out Ludacris so it would actually mean something yeah it would because some of their episodes they change and I'm like I've driven that car yeah and buying Top Gear I mean Grand Tour yeah and Range Road I would never use unless I really needed it because ludicrous mode is that good disclaimer we love Top Gear in Grand Tour yes we

do and as for regenerative braking it's not that hardcore yeah exactly so the one peddle driving thing isn't that in tense in this compared to other electric cars that we've driven and we're on standard instead of low but I kind of noticed at slower speeds it regenerates more and on the highway not as much which might be even better because it's like in smart mode and to be honest this is more natural feeling than those like really abrupt ones like I hated I agree I know you're gonna say like I

could not stand that because that's like that's like a game and this is like being normal exactly it's l ike normal but I'm still retaining so again Tesla's figured something out so let's talk about these gauges really quickly just the ones in the center display we haven't found a way to customize the left gauge but the right gauge can be customized by this button on the steering wheel so you press it and you have a couple things to go through a little odd that they would actually put the

sunroof there and the temperature and fan speed but your eat why would they do that maybe th ey're prepping you for the model 3 which doesn't have something there and you're gonna be able to control more through those two buttons they have which seems like a pretty logical thing and now they're at the twisties let's check out the handling okay so I'm not gonna fool fool send this because full disclosure this is not our car as we said it's not a press car so here we go and it's really good power I

can't stop thinking about the power to be huh it's like I'll get to the handling in a second but I can't get over that power it's just instant like it it's unreal it's like playing a video game where you don't run out of turbo yeah so that's a good time to talk about the suspension so we bounced it around it's got air suspension I don't think the damping is very well sorted out over bad pavement but like over smooth pavement it's fine over bad pavement it's really bouncy and it's a little

bit jarring sometimes and because of that low center of gravity it's actually pretty good there's not that much body roll but again just power through everything and it kind of doesn't matter it does understeer but again we are on winter tyres and that's probably one of the biggest reasons that because there's so much power or maybe it's like driving a car and grand theft auto compared to driving it on a simulator maybe it's just like I'm just I'm just gonna think about what it actually feels

like to me so the handling is quite good but you can hea r the tires squealing because again winter tires this really needs like high-performance tires this is a high performance sedan it's like faster there it is the fastest it is well it was p90 100 DS yeah yeah yeah but I'm saying the boys still got it so the suspension overall is good not great is what I would say the power is is unreal but technically this car was first designed in 2012 yeah was and this is like still got the old bumper on

it yes it does so this is one of the unicorn ones where it has the old bumper but it's the first p90d with the ludicrous so should we talk about the looks and everything yeah let's get to that okay so it's the old bumper it's got like that grill style grille yeah we're the newer ones they got rid of it and made it look more sleek cuz they don't need that for an electric car to be honest I like both but the newer one is definitely better I think they snuck into the car market with a

normal-looking front end and it' s like all right we're in that's exactly it future and then they also change the headlights which also look cooler but I think these look alright especially as a start for Tesla and then overall I've always really liked the Model S like it's got really good proportions and all that like it's a good-looking Hach because it's a Sportback box test let's do it seven eight nine get your own box on patreon.com slash the straight pipes and how about the front trunk yeah

okay let's test that with a lid nope and with all that out of the way vizor chest i don't have faith in this one no no neither two one ah come on Tesla maybe the model 3 maybe the model Y and I got Starbucks because if I'm driving a Tesla I got money mmm and so we move our cups out our cut our armours can extend up which is better for driving and then we've got more cup holders down here at the bottom yeah however put the cup holder back here and then I will try and rest my elbow it is

impossib le yes but you got that one there and if you're driving you can tell me to hold my own Starbucks and suffer that's right but this panel down here to close the other cup holders if you let go that'll chop your fingers off yeah that's a pretty dangerous panel then we got some more stuff here for charging overall pretty good let's talk about the exterior a little bit more yeah I forgot about that so the wheels these are winters not my favorite but they work for this car I really like the 21
inch turbine wheels like those are one of my favorite wheels put on a car in modern times they just fit the Tesla so well I really like how stocky and thick this car is exactly like it sucks that the cars been around for so long and you're saying they're like it's still good but like it's still nice seeing a Model S on the road it is and that's why I don't like the Model X because I think it's too bulbous it's not wide enough the proportions are a little bit off this the proportions are just

right took me a while to East the Model X but like man bubbling doors yeah yeah it's like you're gonna say if I was going to get a Tesla it would probably be that one just because the doors yeah and that was like a mistake right he said he's gonna do it and end up costing too much but he stuck with it anyways and then I think I saw interviews where he said he regretted doing it and would probably not do it again yeah cost so much time money yeah but I mean people talk about it an d the best thing

is the whole model lineup of all the Tesla smells out sexy anything else about the looks we have the additional carbon-fiber spoiler oh yeah that's right this had a couple options added to it door handles door handles Tesla things okay so when they work great but the rear right one has already been replaced by Tesla for the owner well at least once and it's already currently not working again so when you open the door and close it there's that Tesla build quality that people talk about it just

shakes hey but besides that it's pretty pretty cool how the doors come in and out and it locks when you walk away and stuff it's nothing the key in your pocket yeah exactly and there's no turning the car on or off so quickly to the key this one has a silicone thing to hold the key in place because these keys don't have like a keychain loop Oh weird yeah that is weird well yeah that's pretty cool keep that your pocket and Vince says he never takes the nervo us pocket leaves it there all the time

and if you press the things on the key on the sides you can open the doors in the franck in the trunk and all that but this isn't one of those keys with like the swiping like the newer Tesla's have yeah and one more thing about the doors no civils around the door it's old Subaru style all frameless frameless love it I love that stuff it does look good so let's talk about this interior there is the carbon fiber option in here so it actually look s pretty nice with the carbon looks real we've got

suede up on the dash I want to see it looks pretty good isn't it Alcantara whatever you want to call it sure whatever it is it looks good and overall like the interior is pretty good we actually have Mercedes switchgear for some of the things yeah all of the buttons to control your windows and all that that's straight of a Mercedes how to shift into Park Drive neutral that is straight out of a Mercedes our cruise stock straight out of Mercedes I love that because this is some of the Mercedes

stuff that I always loved seeing because I know how it works perfectly and when we say straight out of Mercedes it is literally pulled from our Mercedes so talking about all these stocks let's talk about the cruise control stock let's talk about autopilot I'm going to double tap it towards me twice and now we are in auto pilot mode hands off the wheel and it'll show blue lines to show you you're in your lanes and you'll show the blue steering wheel to let you know that it's doing it properly I

have very high trust in the system like very high I can see exactly what it's showing me so that's what adds to the confidence it's cool you can see the cars around the car in the gauge because you know what it's thinking yeah so this has like sonar and a bunch of cameras and stuff so it's showing me the curb it strongly the blue it's shown me the car in front gets really cool and when you're coming up to a s top in front of you it stops nice and early it doesn't freak you out yeah so you can

change the levels just by hitting the stock on the left just like you can in the Mercedes but this is better than a Mercedes in the sense of when it stops like in an s-class you get kind of scared it's like oh it's still going yeah this at level 7 it's great hey you know what's still going your hands not on the wheel exactly I'm like having a conversation it's not asking you anything no exactly li ke full-out it hasn't yelled at us yeah it's not using radars to look at your eyes it's like the

best of everything and it makes perfect sense I understand why everybody has been raving about this you cannot fully rely on it but like yeah if you rely on it within about 90% you're golden like this is great okay once we're past this intersection change lanes now can you change lanes for me automatically okay I'm gonna turn on my left signal car deems that it's safe I'm gonna let go and the whole car just did a lane change for me perfectly and it finds lanes through intersections no problem

this is better than Mercedes yeah in terms of autopilot link keep Assist adaptive creamer Sade's is still second but it's a huge upgrade in cost to get autopilot yes it is like six grand or something pretty substantial worth it yes yes you can't not get it come to a stop this doesn't have street light assist no it does not so I'll use my foot and wow just like a normal car and then it kicks you right out of autopilot yeah which is normal so let's talk about this actual steering wheel so when you

are gripping it it kind of feels like an old car the actual leather quality yeah it's old car leather instead of like that new Kia leather yeah it's a little weird it feels really nice in your hands though it feels pretty good but not as good as like a Mercedes steering wheel or something like that I have no issues with this so let's talk about these seats they are pretty comfortable no issues at all in the front ah that comfortable though I'm pretty comfortable compared to eight

reasonably priced aka $200,000 Mercedes which is about the approximate cost of this this is not as comfortable yeah but if you subtract the 0 to 60 time with that $200,000 Mercedes what's the zero to 60 time worth well if you get ludicrous I actually a couple points is definitely worth $12,000 ish yeah debatable if you're trying to make your car fast er for a quarter-mile and you spent $20,000 to lose like a second of 0-60 yeah that's pretty fair at the speed that this can do it at exactly

let's talk about this overall interior what you get for this which we haven't told you yet but it's a lot of money no massage seats no cooled seats but you get heated seats no heated steering wheel that kind of sucks yeah kind of kind of a lot yeah but the Jaguar gets that stuff but doesn't get massaged yeah and it's also twice as slow te chnically but half the price brand-new exactly so I was like this like trade-offs with the electrical industry for sure let's talk about the rear seats they are

the worst part I think of this whole car the angle of them just not comfortable the back is like almost 90 and then where your knees are because of the high floor it's just not comfortable to sit back there for an at all true it wasn't as bad for me maybe because I'm shorter but what's really cool is that in the middle seat in the back there's tons of room for your legs underneath this armrest yeah that is pretty nice for having like five adults in here if you really needed to yeah any of your

my height it's probably not as bad back there so so let's get to the price now brand new in 2016 this thing costs one hundred and eighty five thousand dollars Canadian there's a lot of money but the guy who bought this bought it used with five thousand kilometers for a hundred and forty thousand Canadian from Tesla there's still a lot of money but a lot of savings as well a lot of savings because that's when they're switching over the front body style and if you look online used right now these

Tesla's are going for about seventy to a hundred thousand dollars still yeah which is still a lot of money and so what kind of options does have how do you get to that price so the dual motor stuff the AP $50,000 all right autopilot how much is that three thousand dollars worth every penny ludicrous mod e guess how much that cost fifteen thousand thirteen thousand okay worth every penny yes absolutely only the sub-zero weather package which is heated seats and some heated stuff for the windshield

but no heated steering wheel guess five thousand dollars 1,300 okay not bad I guess like you kind of have to option it out the Africa but it's still missing a couple things that I would definitely want and I'd love to see if that's addressed in the newer versions because this was built kind of in like 2012 and signed exactly overall I definitely get the hype of Tesla yeah I'm glad we reviewed one I think it's everything I expected to be if not simpler and better so this compared to the Jaguar

ipace which we just drove there's a lot of things I like about both I think the Jaguar ipace handled I think the suspension was better but overall I still like this one better so this is now my official favorite electric car yeah I'm in the same boat as you the Jaguar was cool fo r being a Jaguar but Tesla is just cool because the guy sent his car to space and it's great in here they figured out so many things that Jaguar hasn't and they have the whole infrastructure and there's so many things

that they did right in a 2012 car that everybody's still doing wrong in 2019 cars oh yeah so let us know what you guys think if you have a Tesla don't forget to subscribe let us know in the comments patreon.com fastest street fights to get a shirt from teespring and t weet Elon Musk tell him to give us more tests to review more ludicrous mode please did it oh god I gotta go to the hospital yeah how can we get there quickly oh I'm URI I'm Jacob we're going for a drive subscribe right now subscribe

we didn't even we didn't do that Inglês

0 resposta a "Tesla Model S P90D Review - Years Later, Is The Hype Real?"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel