Mercedes G-Wagen 4x4 Squared Review

Mercedes G-Wagen 4x4 Squared Review

Mercedes G-Wagen 4x4 Squared Review


384.617 visualizações • 17 de dez. de 2021 • 2021 Mercedes G550 4x4 Squared Review by The Straight Pipes. The G-Wagen pumps out 415hp and 450lb ft tq from a 4L twin turbo V8. At $268,500 CAD, would this be your pick over the Mercedes G63 AMG 6x6, Mercedes-AMG G63, Mercedes-AMG G65? Thanks to Yonge Steeles Ford Lincoln for providing the vehicle. Check them out at https://yongesteelesfordlincoln.com/ and https://www.instagram.com/yongesteele... Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thestraightpipes Become a YouTube Member! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86S... Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c... Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thestraightp... Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/thestraight... Twitter! https://twitter.com/StraightPipers Buy our merch at teespring.com/stores/thestraightpipes Check out Continental Tire at https://www.continentaltire.ca ------------------- #mercedes #4x4squared #g550 ------------------- Mostrar menos Mostrar mais

Mercedes G-Wagen 4x4 Squared Review



I'm Jacob your goal for a drive [Music] 20:17 Mercedes g550 4x4 squared with a little bit of BRABUS touch to it and no launch control that's pretty fast that's bulls pretty hard for the size of this thing horsepower and torque 416 horsepower 450 pound feet of torque from a 4 liter twin turbo v8 so what is the 4x4 squared and how is it different than a regular g wagon and why are we driving a 2017 let's first explain that this is stock you buy this from Mercedes like this so Germany has made a

monster truck but this one does have a couple BRABUS appearance parts yeah such as the badge of the front and the badge of the back and we've got little lights at the bottom of the bumper as well besides that that's how this truck comes yes so this luck right yeah this is definitely a truck this comes as a G 500 in the rest of the world but in North America it's called the G 550 even though it has the same drivetrain as the rest of the world and this is a 2017 because they stopped ma king them

yeah they only made them for I believe two years we're a little late to the journalism game but now we got our hands on one because I've been wanting to drive this so bad yeah especially in this amazing ridiculous electric beam $24,000 optional color I think this is the only color you can really get this in oh absolutely like you can't get this in black so this is AG wagon that's been lifted from the factory right yeah so it's actually based on the 6x6 yes Mercedes has ma de a 6x6 version of this

so they basically chopped off one axle and the craziest thing that they transferred over was dual shocks on every corner as well as portal axles okay so the reason I know about portal axles is because Chris fixes Hummer has them so that means you get way more ground clearance because you don't have a differential sticking out of the bottom yeah or a driveshaft like it that's all way up so the ground clearance numbers for this is 18 inches which is actually app roximately double my Ford Raptors

ground clearance but this does not have inboard brakes the brakes are in the wheel still yeah Chris fixes Hummer h1 had them inboard yeah but that was like a whole nother level boat I think we're gonna compare this to that later we're gonna compare this to the h1 and my 4 2 raptor obviously and those shocks do look amazing with the red Springs on them and you control them by pressing the sport and Comfort button and it makes a huge difference yeah it really does it softens it up makes it

so smooth yes Sport is definitely way too stiff for this but you essentially kind of need sport to be able to turn this thing yeah if you're doing anything that's any curvy of a road like cliche corner if your income it's gonna feel so weird it's downright scary so definitely if you're gonna send it through cliche corner which I'm about to do sport mode and downshift into cliche corner for some reason okay it takes about a full turn for the wheel to be able to do anything and it feels like it's

gonna kind of tip over yeah there's lots of tip over warnings everywhere so we're taking it I guess it's probably as quick as anyone good oh for sure yeah as safe as anyone but it does make a huge difference like comfort is kind of scary to be driving through cliche corner sport is totally fine so when we drove the newer g550 that felt absolutely normal oh yeah totally normal but the steering on this like you said like the f irst bunch does absolutely nothing but it's still kind of heavy because

it's still a g wagon like an old-school G wagon which is awesome and this is very off-road capable unfortunately we're not going to off-road this because this is from a dealership yes oh shut up to young Steel's Ford Lincoln for getting us this amazing car yeah it's not a Ford or Lincoln but they do have some pretty crazy cars in stock just like this one check it out and I should mention that this is the lowest m ileage 4x4 squared in Canada at the time right now which is pretty crazy yeah and

it's in this amazing color love it how many 4x4 squares have you actually seen on the road ever I think maybe one is that one we saw on the DVP yeah exactly like they're always parked in front of dealers and it was dark grey or black but the guy had his whole family in there yeah and I also saw Drake's head sticking out of one I saw the picture of that well the other picture but let's talk power quick ly it does pull pretty hard for what this is like I think this is faster than my Raptor not that

that's like a really big baseline the prowlers listen I think this is as fast as a Prowler potentially something around so anyways we do have a 7-speed transmission shifts pretty smooth but it's not as smooth as the newer ones yeah and we've got the nice paddles and everything to shift with we should probably mention the brakes on a vehicle this size get it a slam for you that's but wait w ait wait rocket yeah because of the dual shocks this actually rocks more than my Raptor that's pretty

funny I know so before we get into the looks of this monster truck I want to talk about the exhaust it is a four liter twin turbo v8 sounds really beefy and different than the regular g-wagen we actually have side exit exhaust on both sides yeah that's so cool and you can even see the pipes through the wheel arches yeah I absolutely love that and it sounds really good let's hav e a listen so let's talk about these drive modes quickly there's only three of them released so we have ES and M so

I believe it's efficient sport and manual I've been driving in sport I don't think efficient is really too efficient in something like this sighs yeah but I mean some people may not need throttle response like this is kind of a celebrity slash Kardashian kind of car but speaking of throttle response there is none like you have to floor it to be able to get off the l ine at any point most cars when you get off the brakes it just kind of moves forward this doesn't and driving position wise oh my

god king of the road you can see over everything but the weirdest feeling is so I have my corner markers just like a regular g-wagen so in my head I think it's that wide but it's actually not because there's fenders beyond that it's so kind of just like a prowler kind of and it's actually disorienting because I don't know how wide I actually am until I l ook in my sideview mirrors feel like this is a perfect mix of the Prowler and raptor combined kind of is a lot of gimmicks combined you guys are

gonna hate us in the comments on that one but it kind of is and it's actually hilarious to just look at everybody else on the road like everyone stares at this thing everyone has a smile you can't drive this without a smile on your face and you can't look at it without having a smile on your face so before I get into the driver's seat and tal k about the looks a lot of you guys are watching without subscribing if you just hit subscribe you probably won't get a notification anyways and the sooner

we get to 1 million the sooner we'll stop asking you because we just want to get to 7 digits yeah SiC cars like this you get it seven digits launched that's really badass yeah it is for how fast that moves so much object but the best part of that sound was the shotgun door closing yeah it sounds so good just like all the other g-w agen love it so looks-wise the main thing is that it's lifted up substantially lifted up to the point that you can see the body-on-frame this in between it looks so

ridiculous from a distance I can't not laugh exactly look you have to have a smile on your face and because it's so high up in the air it can actually wade through one meter of water so the stats on this for offroading are actually way better than the Hummer h1 pretty much every departure every angle is better than the AMA h1 take that chrisfix and a Ford Raptor obviously but the Hummer h1 already destroyed I think Raptors for Baja you know what I mean yeah it's not gonna do all that other it's

gonna do a different thing yeah but it does look sick next to my Raptor and I felt very not manly next to it for the first time ever so this one does have factory authorized BRABUS badges they're not just like slapped on by some random dude yeah they're real and then other things that set this apart from th e regular g-wagen we've got this cool carbon-fiber thing up on the roof with three amber lights just like my Ford Raptor actually has five amber lights and then on the front end it's

actually a G 63 ish bumper like it's an AMG bumper at the front yeah and then we got like the cool line to grill and everything we've got normal mesh grille in there as well and then we also have like a skid plate which hopefully no one ever uses oh dude I would love to use this I've seen pictur es of this in the air I would only take this off roading auto press event oh yeah like under a Mercedes Supervision being fully allowed to do it double shocks though this Lincoln Cent and then I guess the

most noticeable thing also with the height is the carbon-fiber fender flairs yes so they are full carbon fiber and half of it is painted and it does look kind of silly like it looks totally just like weird and lifted but with everything else I think the portal axles makes it look the most legit yeah cuz I mean otherwise it just looks like it's tacked on like if you did this to a stock g-wagen you would look like an idiot but this is totally stock and it's totally cool and then when you turn the

wheels you can see inside all the shocks and everything and I really liked that from the inside you can see the disc brakes so well because of the portal axles and so what portal axles basically do is they add gears to be able to move the drive shaft and axles and what do you think of these wheels classic five-spoke but 4x4 squared badge on them yeah that's really cool they just look they match the car perfectly and then if we move to the side view we've got a strip that goes all the way across

like I guess you kind of need that for a trunk like this yeah you kind of do and then we have some running boards that you do need to use to get in and out of this thing because it's actually a bit difficult yeah getting in the front seats like pretty ok the b ack seats more of a dance because it's such a narrow opening and then we move on to the back end it's pretty much the most towering vehicle I've ever seen in my life yeah and because of North American regulations there's some crazy

stuff back there like that gigantic metal bar I think that looks super cool it looks the hilarious like I would like to remove that if this was my vehicle would you actually I would because that's one of the cool things that you only get with a 4x4 square the drag remove it from his I don't I don't even know if he owns those cars whatever Drake did that's what I would do all right not that I thought that idolized Drake or anything sounds like it though I think he's got cool party everybody knows

Drake don't they give us a shout about car stuff yeah like no music I would talk I would talk music with no cars no no cars just cars alright and the weirdest thing about the back end that I've been staring at that I couldn't figure out why this looks weird other than the fenders and all that crazy stuff back there there's no spare tire that's why this looks so right yeah it took me forever to figure that one out because if you actually had the spare tire thing back there I think it would take

up the entire window because the tires are so big and then another way to know that this is a 2017 and not the newer 2019 is because the reverse camera is up at the very top instead of at the bottom and looking at your rever se camera in the infotainment is actually hilarious because it's still in the same position as a regular G Wagon so everything looks tiny in it yeah it's like little Lego figurines and cars and then the roof of this G Wagon 4x4 squared is black which looks really nice if you

manage to see it from above which you probably won't ever be able to and what happens when you open the sunroof okay there's no glass here it's just openness check this out which i think is the first time I've ev er seen that anything yeah I'm assuming they did it for rigidity cuz it's all metal so it looks wise is this the coolest looking SUV absolutely in this color like you can't deny it I have a new dream SUV it's six-by-six version of this I would like the 6x6 raptor the Velociraptor but

I mean this Jew eggin and highlighter yellow isn't a 6x6 a pickup truck yeah so then this is the SUV alright yup track I guess you're right this is there's my favorite SUV it kind of has to be yeah I mean look at it and we already know Drake has the picture with one you know who else got one no Logan Paul oh really yeah he did a lot of content on it it was like kind of crazy but like he did a ton with this 4x4 square which was pretty fun to watch so now it's time to move into the interior and if

you look quickly it's old-school Mercedes in here like the SL 63 we had because this is before the 2019 update with the big screens but first let's check the visors alright let's do this t hree two one fail super super truck pass yes super SMS okay cup holder we have a cup holder but it's like a small net yeah it's it's literally a net attached to the side of this thing I think that's a fail but then super SUV pass personally the more gimmicks you could fit in this and the better for me I do

agree with that but then we also have two temporary cup holders when you open up the glove box I guess if you're just chilling yeah those are for parking only and then we shoul d probably do the box test box test shout out young Steel's Ford for getting us this truck monster thing and shout out to our box test patrons know we're not going to maximize the box test space for this one so those back seats don't fold down but they can like angle up and come all the way out so we weren't gonna

mess with any of that yeah plus there's the Alcantara and everything we don't want to tear it up in here so if you move up to our driver seat very very comfortable yeah it's all fairly normal up here the seats are very comfortable but there's weird adjustments on the seats themselves for inflating every different part of the seat yeah if you've ever driven a Mercedes you know the seat settings are on the door panel so this kind of confused me but it is nice to have all those settings and on the

door panel beside the seat says we've got a bunch of carbon fiber we actually have a lot of carbon fiber in this interior the entire center console is c arbon fiber yeah and then they match most of the soft touch materials with quilted Alcantara and stuff I love the Alcantara or suede or whatever it is so then if we move on to our infotainment my favorite part tablet stuck to the top it's the older style like the SL 63 but it does have satellite radio stations doesn't whine does have apple

carplay does have Android auto which is pretty cool consider 20-17 feels ancient to me yeah and the funniest part is the silver g-wagon in t he entertainment does not look like what we're driving and then the gauges are also the old-school Mercedes just like the SL 63 pretty much watch that video if you need to learn about tech about this it's all the same gauge wise so then our ship der it's pretty normal it's super normal but it's not like the small ones of the time you know the little ones you

have to like kind of grab yeah like two fingers in the GTC or whatever I know this is much better then we've got an actual ebrak e because I guess this is an off-road monster and they can't rely on just a little button and speaking of off-road monster we do have low range mode and then we can lock every differential so the centre the rear and the front independently just like new G wagons and every Jew egg and ever so you've got tons of room up in the front right oh yeah tons how about the back

zero room at least for my legs me I fit perfectly fine to five foot eight and a half behind five foot eight and a ha lf even behind you I'm alright to be honest if someone picked me up in this I wouldn't complain about leg just deal yeah exactly but getting out is a bit of a challenge yeah because you don't want to like I guess lean too much on to the carbon-fiber fenders or break anything yeah and that's the thing if you pick up passengers in this you have to tell them all like listen don't

lean on the carbon fibre fender when you get out yeah it might be fine but I I highly doubt it and if yo ur friends do pick you up you can probably have a cigarette in the car because there are ashtrays back there yo if anyone smoked in this I would punch them in the face what if Drake smoked a cigar in his oh that's cool cuz he owns that I guess and before we get to the price driving this around for a while feels pretty normal yeah like totally normal after the first drive yeah but you do got to

watch out with your fenders I think that's the main takeaway because of those corner markers you think it's so narrow so realistically there's no competition for this besides Chris fix is h1 Hummer pretty much and kind of my Raptor but not really because they're for roxxon's yeah I guess so but Mercedes also had another car with portal axles yeah okay so let me get into this shout out Mercedes for being probably the craziest automotive manufacturer in the world so they made an e four hundred

wagon that was a 4x4 square type thing with fender flares lift it up like the Na tionals yeah they make the craziest cars who else makes this like BMW doesn't make this od doesn't make this Chevy doesn't make this what did you call a Mercedes it's the Texas manufacturer of the world like it's so Texas of them to make this it's got a v8 it's lifted up like as high as you want it it's high lighter green for some reason okay so let's get into the price then okay so when this was new it was

approximately 290,000 to start canadian twenty four thousand dollars later for this highlighter yellow paint worth it it was three hundred and eighteen thousand five hundred dollars when it was new if you want to buy it currently this one is for sale at young Steel's Ford Lincoln for two hundred and seventy five thousand eight hundred and eighty-eight dollars Canadian and it's got pretty much no mileage on it so this is very good for depreciation for buying a Mercedes I can't afford this I

can't either but I think this is goals SUV for me same h ere so would you take this over a faster SUV like say a Cayenne Turbo or an Alfa Romeo Salvio or a track Hawk wouldn't even think twice because I would want a faster car than I want a faster SUV exactly what an SUV for being an SUV but what if you had a fast SUV but the off-road be 400 with portal axles I think that might be even cooler yeah I mean it is a wagon so let us know what you think of the g-wagen 4x4 squared did you like this kind

of throwback review are there more cool cars

0 resposta a "Mercedes G-Wagen 4x4 Squared Review"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel