2021 VW GTI Rabbit Review - DSG vs Manual, GTI vs Everything

2021 VW GTI Rabbit Review - DSG vs Manual, GTI vs Everythin

2021 VW GTI Rabbit Review - DSG vs Manual, GTI vs Everything


594.626 visualizações • 23 de abr. de 2021 • We go for a drive in the 2021 VW GTI Rabbit Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thestraightpipes​ The insta 360 camera that we used: https://www.insta360.com/sal/one_x?in...​ Become a YouTube Member! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86S...​ Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...​ Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thestraightp...​ Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/thestraight...​ Twitter! https://twitter.com/StraightPipers​ Buy our shirts! Profits go directly to burnouts: teespring.com/stores/thestraightpipes​ Check out Continental Tire at https://www.continentaltire.ca​ Our reviews give you two perspectives. Jakub takes the perspective of the car enthusiast, while Yuri represents the interests of the general consumer. You won't find details about engine compression ratios here, instead you'll have real world opinions on what it's like to drive and own cars. ------------------- #gti​ #vwgti​ #gtirabbit​ #manual​ #dsg​ #manualvsdsg​ ------------------- Mostrar menos Mostrar mais

2021 VW GTI Rabbit Review - DSG vs Manual, GTI vs Everything



I'm hearing I'm taking going for a drive 20:19 Volkswagen GTI s rabbit edition DSG versus manual so what is the rabbit edition the rabbit is now the middle trim they gave it a fancy name and a little deco on the back yeah pretty much also you say deco weird its decal it's both you may have watched our previous video golf our manual versus DSG that seemed to do well you guys really like that so we brought you back GTI's rabid editions horsepower and torque 228 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of

torque for both of them and is that the same as last year it's actually not they gave it more horsepower than last year and more horsepower than the previous year so this actually has 18 more horsepower than it did two years ago and before we get on with the review what is the real competition of the GTI because the Veloster n is out now the Focus ST doesn't exist anymore but I want to include that I want to know where everything falls and like the Elantra GT n line and all that stuf f but mostly

is the GTI competition with the Veloster and/or the Veloster Turbo it's between both because of the way Hyundai priced the end so Hyundai did an amazing job of positioning that car and I posted a picture today philosopher and versus GTI wishin would you take on my Instagram follow us the irritation the straight pipes and so many people picked the GTI over the Veloster n which drives me crazy yeah I do agree with you Veloster n versus GTI I 100% agree I would take the Velo ster n Veloster

Turbo versus GTI I would absolutely take the GTI yeah but like I feel like people don't realize how good the Veloster n is yet we'll work on that we'll compare it to the type r later and let everyone really know what's going on yeah people actually have no idea it's a really good car anyways we'll talk about the velocity and the Veloster and review let's talk about the GT is so I'm in the manual this transmission is so good love this transmission for this car I'm gonna spoil it right away this

is the proper transmission for the GTI is the manual transmission in the GTI better than the manual transmission in the SI I think they're both really good but this one feels slightly more rubbery than the one the si the S I was like really not she kind of feels like you're using like a metal hammer versus like a rubber mallet one yeah I prefer the SI a little bit more but the manual transmission is very good and then we've got DSG in the car that I'm driving which is so boring yawn fast I

disagree with Yuri but this is still the better transmission that DSG is one of the fastest shifting transmissions you can get in this class it's just not exciting to drive like maybe the Golf R with paddles that's kind of acceptable but in this just like give me the manual it's too slow for automatic exactly I agree with you for the Golf R for sure that's why I said I would want the DSG on the Golf R and the manual in the GTI but this clutch in the GTI is like it's completely fine for traffic

there's no issues driving this everyday yeah but you should also get the manual in the Golf R like that was like really fun it was really fun I just think the DSG is better because that one also had a mantra troll yours does not have launch control in the DSG GTI so for you better is faster not necessarily more fun and engaging I like faster and more engaging but I am NOT that much more engaged with the Golf R with the manua l ok I'm much more engaged with three pedals at all time so maybe

that's where like our preferences lie because it seems kind of like I always want the manual and you only want the auto when it's like way faster exactly that's 100% how I think like the g70 manual versus the auto I really wanted the manual because the difference wasn't that that big and you may have noticed one is gray and one is blue and the blue one we took a photo of at the LA Auto Show got like the most like s of anything at the LA Auto Show on Instagram yeah that was huge that is cornflower

blue and this is your a no grey and you can only get these in the rabbit edition but we'll get to the rabbit Edition stuff in a couple seconds and before we get into the rabbit Edition stuff let me talk about these dinky little plastic paddles they are so tiny and so not engaging for a DSG transmission like compared to everything Mercedes does with their metal paddles like that would make it a lot mor e fun yeah Volkswagen and Audi do not like metal paddles for some reason every time I click the

paddles I'm like I'll just leave it in Drive or sport shifting Drive and how is that in Auto just leaving in not oh yeah when you leave it in Drive it's kind of alright it takes a while to downshift when you floor it but we got different drive modes which changes all that up I've been keeping it in Eco most of the time yeah I can't deal with eco and either the and new for this year for the DSG you actually have a 7-speed whereas it was a 6-speed before which I believe is directly from the Golf R

now the Golf R felt a lot better though like we even got the farts out of the Golf R won didn't we yes we did and the other thing that both of these get now are the Golf R brakes so every GTI gets it the Autobahn the rabbit and the bass yes they do and every GTI now has a mechanical LSD great job volkswagen yeah you can really feel the difference going through u-turns and littl e turns and stuff like that it's pretty nice I don't know if it's better than the s i--'s LSD I actually fully agree

with you I don't think this is as good as the one in the SI that one felt like razor sharp pull you through corners no problem this one struggles a bit it might have to do with the traction control system as well yeah and also the tires we should definitely do a full summer track test which is front-wheel drive LSD cars I think yeah and we're on winter tires because we're just getting out of winter so we're just waiting for that final spring push but these are the same Continental tires that we

had at the 4motion event so watch that video so let's talk about the raveh differences you can't get a sunroof in the rabbot editions and then the exterior stuff you basically have black wheels black mirrors and then you get a little black v-max lip on top of your little lip spoiler to go maximum speed for some reason and all the spoilers are black and t hat's it for the outside inside we have floor mats with red piping but we have the winter mats so we don't actually have those and you always

get the traditional Clarke cloth Volkswagen seats however the rabbit gets a little badge on the side just like a little thing like IKEA did I mean Volvo yeah and that deckle on the back we forgot to mention oh yes on the outside which looks kind of cheap it's just like a sticker they could have been like a real badge I agree speaking of rabbi ts I have a pet rabbit rabbits are the best pet here's some highlights of my rabbit being cute I think dogs are the best pet but I'll give it to you if

we're in a rabbit all right Yuri I know how much you're itching for manual so let's switch it up for sure finally finally get some excitement back into these feet I forgot this one has the golf ball looking shifter the golf art did not have that look how much more excited he is now it's so much more fun this is definitely way more engaging and the pedals are good too the pedal placement I could heel toe in this this is the fun one the Manuel for sure the pedals are placed better than that GTI

than they were in the si for me okay now let's get to cliche Corner test these things out but let's start with the interior on the way one thing I remember hating about golf's the steering wheel column always gets way too close to my knees and sometimes hits my knees I haven't had that problem this time but I have had in the past so I'm just gonna stay neutral on that one now let's talk about these seats they are the most obvious part of this interior love them I'm also wearing a shirt so I'm

not sure if you can actually see me in this interior blending in with them I'm not really too stoked on these seats I feel like there's not enough support up at the top on the back but the leather seats might be more comfortable because they were more comfortable in the Volkswagen to be able wolfsburg that we drove compared to the cloth ones I think these are super well bolstered I find them super comfortable even on a long trip I wouldn't have any problem with these and our lumbar support is

manual on the sides forward and back is manual but we've got electric tilting your back so if you're sharing it with the spouse who's a different size might not be the best option for saving presets because there are none and the steering wheel is really nice the leather feels great however ther e's still too many buttons on here there's too many up-down left-right it's still confusing to get in here yeah you get used to it but there's no consistency in the button this and then we both have

adaptive cruise and it works really well we do have Lane keep assist and it works okay it's good for not getting in the way while driving and just pushing you out if you lose track because some systems like I think BMW even if you get close to the edge of a lane it'll like throw you right back in yeah the system is good enough to get you to work but you can't really rely on it like you can or like a lane centering system for Mercedes or something like that and on the rabbit we don't have the

full digital gauges we've got the analog on the side with the digital in the middle it'll show you your speed it'll show you what gear you're in but the gear shows up so small in the top right corner I wish I was a little more prominent yeah that doesn't bother me at all I really like how clean the gauges are do you like how clean the piano black is around the gauges absolutely disgusting and as for the rest of the interior everyone always says the Volkswagen Golf interior is the best everyone's

so like high on that but I think of Veloster interiors pretty much just as good I went to a Veloster and and checked it out it did have more plastic than I remember here's a comparison of hard touch plastics on the golf compared to all the hard touch plastics on the Veloster end I know you're saying but I still prefer this interior it looks better there is more gloss black so I do hate that however overall I think this interior just looks better I think the soft touch where you don't always

touch is cool and I think some people value that but I don't I prefer the tablet style infotainment higher so it's in your view more hard buttons a not piano black handbrake which I'm sure you love yeah that's disgusting come on Volkswagen yeah for me I don't buy the hype for the Volkswagen in tears but I do see why people like having soft materials everywhere but the overall sense of quality in the interior is much higher in the GTI like everything just feels like it's well built well

put together more solid Yuri does this pass the cupholder test obviously it's a golf does it pass the visor test obviously it's a golf three three two one and it didn't fly off full pass that's the most important part yes it did like it did on my birthday two years ago like you're a half ago pro well oh yeah box test we already know if it's nine we're not going to show you that watch our GTI review watch our Golf R review but shout out to team Norg our new box test patreon get your own box

patreon.com slash the straight pipes and now let's get into the infotainment does it rewind satellite radio no it doesn't and it's too low I have to look down too much it's got that stupid tuning knob that I need to click to confirm what radio station I go to and then it's got piano black buttons for everything see I like that tuning knob however what I don't like is the friggin volume button that still rotates click the confirm should be reserved for when you have a scroll wheel down in your

armrest area what's the difference where the scroll wheel is because four scroll wheels click to confirm make sense every tuning knob in the history of the world has been a go to that channel and it stays there I just like seeing what's coming up next because there's no ListView anyways there's nothing really new about this infotainment if you've seen any of our other Volkswagen reviews it's exactly the same apple carplay Android auto works just fine now let's talk about these drive modes so you

hit the mode button you got eco comfort normal sport and custom just the way I wanted yeah the drive modes work like you'd expect but what I noticed is that you lose a lot of that pumped in audio when you go to Eco compared to sport but you only hear the pumped in audio when you're steady revving up and putting power on the motor check this out and do you hear the difference there and it's the most authentic sounding fake audio ever like the edge st is a joke compared to this yeah it's good

just leave it on there's no real problem with it the edge st is actually a joke compared to a lot of things and both of these actually have adaptive dampers so it actually makes a pretty d ecent difference going from comfort to sport but normal to sport normal to comfort is not that big of a difference but it's not as big as a difference as like a type are these pull pretty hard there's like a second of turbo lag and then it just goes but it doesn't give you that same sensation of speed as the SI

even though the SI is slightly less horsepower it had more lag so it was kind of more fun to be honest I think it's just enough power for a front-wheel drive car that isn't sup er fancy with like type R or an badging yeah this is perfect for daily driving with a little bit of extra fun on the weekends that's why these are like the go-to hot hatches and I think people like the idea of German quality as well so I guess let's dump these GT eyes into cliche corner and see what we think about the

handling full send okay let's put this thing into sport get the shifter into manual man manual is so much more fun coming in too hot hitting the brakes real hard do wn shifting it to second that's my favorite part about cliche corner there's not a lot of body roll the suspension is actually really good it's really well damped in every mode especially in sport mode when you're sending it but leaving it in comfort is probably the best thing for daily driving it actually does make a pretty big

difference so if you're commuting this is a perfect car for that turning is pretty good it's not as sharp as the SI but it's still good because we still have that mechanical LSD and actually does make a pretty big difference from the electronic one that we had last year it obviously under steers a bit it's a front-wheel drive car on winter tires I don't know how much I can feel compared to a golf without an LSD but it does pull me through pretty well I'm sure to be a lot better on summer tires

though overall this car handles really well it's super comfortable it's not too over-the-top in terms of like sport mode and it's also not t oo comfortable it's just it's just right this is literally that just right car that everybody seems to get Jacob I just remembered something because I'm in the stick shift what's the head the armrests kind of sucks in the automatic cuz you can't put your arm on the armrest and hold the steering wheel but in the manual you don't need it because you're

always shifting oh yeah it doesn't move forward like the SI did I believe si was like it moved forward but it was like lower and almost always there you could use the edge for the SI but how was your how was your little boot through cliche corner it was pretty fun but I definitely missed that third pedal and actually just shifting yeah I love coming at the cliche corner way too fast slamming the brakes and then getting a nice heel toe downshift right before I start turning yeah you get a little

bit of that brake initiation oversteer it's just fun doing more things at once and being good at being able to handl e more things at once did you feel any difference between that and the SI in terms of like the LSD and stuff not to be honest like it's hard to test it out I really want to do a test of a car with an LSD and without an LSD on summer tires on a track and really put it down and a nice visual so that everyone can see once and for all how much a big difference it makes and for myself

as well I definitely noticed a difference but I'm not sure if I can attribute it 100% to that LSD it's p robably that plus the traction control system okay let's switch automatic and manual again go through cliche corner talk about the price the competition and finish off the review sounds good and in automatic as I expected a lot less engaging but still fast maybe faster because I got less thinking to do wouldn't really stop me from getting the manual if I was a little bit slower though and one

final send into cliche corner heel-toe downshift into second and send and it just grips it's so much more fun that DSG like I actually feel like I have to do something I'm working for it shift up into third yeah I would I would definitely I've made up my mind this is it I made up my mind at the beginning of the video now it's just reconfirmed so how much does the rabbit Edition cost the manual starts at thirty three thousand nine hundred and ninety five dollars the DSG starts at thirty

five thousand three hundred ninety five dollars they both have the driver assist ance package so total price thirty five thousand seven hundred and forty five for the manual thirty seven thousand one hundred and forty five for the DSG so obviously overall the manual wins because it's more fun but let's talk about the competition a Veloster n is like 35 grand canadian which is just in line with this and Emmanuel and Veloster n is way cooler it is but the Veloster Turbo is technically what this

competes with but on price definitely floss trend and then the civic SI which is under thirty grand which is a way better deal than these I think that was more fun than this and it's got more features it's got the rewinding satellite radio stuff too and it comes in a two-door exactly which is the reason I would pick the Golf GTI because it's a two-door I think this is a way more practical version if you can get the SI in a hatch I would probably go si but si vers GTI I'm going GTI because it's

a hatch and I'm going si because it's more fun and more features then we come to the Focus ST rest in peace we don't have that anymore I had so much more fun driving the Focus ST than this GTI may be as much fun in the Focus ST as the Veloster n but I'm not sure I think the reason you had so much fun in that is because it had really sticky summer tyres we drove it in the summer it was just a really good car at the time however that interior was so garbage compared to this it was just plastic

waterfalls plastic on it plastic on plastic but the seat was more race car the shifter was better I couldn't heel toe with those pedals but like I remember having nothing but a good time it was one of those cars that was so fun the interior didn't matter just like the 370z Nismo see and I hated those seats like probably the least comfortable seats I've ever sat in and yeah I couldn't heel-toe it so it wasn't that fun to do that because I had to struggle to do it and as for Civic Si vs. Focus ST

I would take the Focus ST over t he Civic Si because of the fundus of that one so disregarding the price how about that automatic Mini Cooper jcw we reviewed like a year and a half ago compared to the automatic GTI Golf that one was way more fun like no question more fun it had a nicer interior but I think I would still take the GTI mini jcw everything for me man like pop pops and everything like even the paddles were more fun to use the car itself was definitely more fun I just think this is

more practical maybe I just got older since that video so to summarise it if you're going to get a Golf GTI rabbit get the manual that's the one we both pick and if you're thinking about getting this compared to a Veloster and Jacob get the Veloster end don't forget to subscribe hit the notification bell patreon.com slash the straight pipes enjoyed our youtube membership and don't forget to check out our t-shirts on teespring i'm yuri i'm jacob we're going for a drive don't forget - cries

subscrib e right now subscribe we didn't even we didn't do that Inglês

0 resposta a "2021 VW GTI Rabbit Review - DSG vs Manual, GTI vs Everything"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel