The NEW McLaren GT is a $300,000 Grand Touring Supercar

The NEW McLaren GT is a $300,000 Grand Touring Supercar

The NEW McLaren GT is a $300,000 Grand Touring Supercar


578.456 visualizações • 31 de jan. de 2021 • 2021 McLaren Review by The Straight Pipes. The 2021 McLaren is pumping out 612hp and 465lb ft tq. At $321,258 CAD, would this be your pick over the Audi R8, Porsche 911 Turbo, Bentley Continental GT, Aston Martin DB11, Aston Martin DBS Superleggera? Thanks to McLaren Toronto for providing the McLaren GT Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thestraightpipes​ Become a YouTube Member! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86S...​ Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...​ Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thestraightp...​ Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/thestraight...​ Twitter! https://twitter.com/StraightPipers​ Buy our merch at teespring.com/stores/thestraightpipes​ Check out Continental Tire at https://www.continentaltire.ca​ ------------------- #mclaren​ #mclarengt​ #supercar​ ------------------- Mostrar menos Mostrar mais

The NEW McLaren GT is a $300,000 Grand Touring Supercar



[Music] I'm Yuri Jakob we're going for a drive [Music] 20 20 McLaren GT with launch control I've had things hahaha little bits prolly there I think you see my face go wide so it's winter we are driving a McLaren yes it's a GT so Grand Touring we need to find out if it's a supercar but let's start with the horsepower and torque 612 horsepower 465 pound-feet of torque from a 4 litre twin-turbo v8 whoo she was done with the Supergirl checklist because I'm pretty sure this is a supercar I think it's

a supercar but let's make it effect is it fast is it loud yes and yes it's not that loud it's definitely fast can it fit a box box test shout out all our box test patrons but for the supercar checklist we got to hit up the new box slow runner the forerunner looking good that looks great no literally zero boxes that's a full supercar pass but there is a ton of room back there which we'll talk about later does it get a lot of attention not really a little bit more with the roof rack bu t definitely

not in grey samal cup of coffee test it has three cupholders and it fits a small in two of them and the third one is for Red Bulls so the NASA Space supercar fail massive fail and let's check the visors and it'll move but they have a little gimmicky mirror that also folds down so is that a gimmick pass that's that's definitely a supercar pass and does it have a gimmicky steering wheel yeah you can control either gear with either paddles from yes yes and it's all carbon fi ber looks great yeah and

two of the most important factors do the doors go up heck yes they do and do you look cool getting in or out I guess you do well is this a supercar this is definitely a supercross is a supercar this is probably the most super grand touring car I would agree with that statement so what is a grand touring car and how is this a grand touring car apparently grand touring cars are for driving across continents and countries and everything like that which we can't r eally do in Canada that's not like

a thing people do yeah like more of a European thing yeah we can't really just Bowl around all the time in one of these yeah like 24 hours you're still in Ontario sorry cannonball run a bigger to my Goldberg days there 24 hours you're still in Ontario whereas 24 hours to Europe you're in like seven different countries and so this is technically the highest ride height and the most amount of room in a McLaren yes it is you can actually see that from the outside visually because it's kind

of awkward looking should we start with the looks then let's do it front end it has the old-style McLaren headlights which I really like yeah considering MacLaren's latest styling it's a little bit bland to me but I like how it throws it back and has the same soup and how the swoop continues into the bumper yeah that's and how about the rest of the front-end does it not look like a CA Corvette yes it kind of does overall the car kind of looks like a CA Corvette I feel like Corvette started

looking like McLaren because I mean this looks like older MacLaren's as well it does this kind of reminds me of the mp4 - 12c like it's kind of that same idea and that first 650 s that we drove yeah was that old styling kind of mixture and then if we look at the side view it's pretty big yeah it's definitely bigger looking than every other McLaren but we do have a bunch of scoops and I think even those look a bit bigger yeah those intakes are gigantic and I feel like the 720 the 650 and the

570 always more sleek yeah I think this is a little bit too big and it makes it look a little bit awkward for me yeah I definitely think they simplified the whole McLaren look from the side but I still really like it and if we look at the roofline the way it comes in it's very hatching because it actually is a hatchback and I really like these wheels especially in the winter they look so sick and the discs are dr illed and we've got cool mclaren brake calipers and they are carbon ceramic how do

you like the back end I really like the back end that's definitely my favorite part of this car I love the line taillights but I think the reason I like that is because the outline around them it looks kind of like red lines in eyeballs and then we have exhausted the bottom which are definitely real but they're kind of lower than typical other MacLaren's but I guess that's because the engine is probab ly put a little bit lower so that there's room for storage above it because you can't actually

see the engine yeah yeah and you're actually gonna use it for storage so like you don't have exhaust blowing at your region okay and in the back we don't have a spoiler that pops up at any point but the way it's blended in I think it looks really nice yeah it's got like a nice little duck tail kind of thing and I guess they say this can fit a golf bag it needs to be a weird size golf bag b ut I can see something fitting there and there are straps to lock down all your cargo and McLaren says that

apparently you can fit two sets of skis back here as well as a guitar for some reason but thank you McLaren for actually throwing skis on the rear window that skis snowboard that's pretty crazy it looks so cool with them too so we figured we'd keep that on yeah we have to and then still at the back old events are real nothing is fake all around the whole car which is pretty sur prising first per car but it's not surprising for McLaren no it's all function but if an r8 has fake scoops pretty much

anything could have fake scoops no no this is McLaren this is a real brand okay okay but overall do you feel like the car sits a little too high yes it's got an awkward stance it does look a little weird but with the nose lift system we can get way more ground clearance yeah we are driving this in the winter we've had zero issues so I get why they did that why the e xtra ground clearance is there so I have no objections to the function of it just the styling is a little bit but for a GT car it

kind of needs it I get it but do you think this color it's a little bland again it's just it's grey this car blends in so few people were looking at me in this car which disappointed me if it wasn't that nice orange or that blue I think it would pop a lot more and be more McLaren II know for sure because it all grey it's hard to really tell what it actua lly looks like so from the four MacLaren's we've driven the 570 the 650 and the 720 where does this fall in line for looks for looks I think

this is at the bottom I think so too but I like the front end of this more than I like the front end of the 720 oh I love the 720s the front end or all of it all of it but I think front end wise I like this style of McLaren the most but overall speed tail is my looks yeah well you can't get that in North America I don't but I could look at it either alright your turn to get through the driver's seat we're talking about the exhaust the engine the handling what other fun stuff horsepower torque

aren't dark alright since we spun a little bit on your launch I'm just gonna floor it [Music] okay that's so if I was able to hook up which the traction control kind of took care of this can do 0 to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds in the summer but that was definitely not 3.2 seconds because of the traction control system which is amazing for different reasons should we get into the modes and all the tractions yes we should so just like the other MacLaren's we have our handling and power knobs so we can

have comfort sport and track and then to enable them just like other MacLaren's you have to hit the active button surprisingly I've been able to drive in track mode for both of them because McLaren has the best suspension out of any supercar it's just so compliant and this is even better and with the power knob turned to track the exhaust gets a little bit louder so it actually changes between sport and track however in comfort the exhaust gets a lot quieter yes because this has a valid exhaust

yeah and it's got the sport exhaust on top [Music] so what some valved sport exhaust was louder than the stock one [Music] but overall this is the quietest McLaren and I'm kind of disappointed about that I know like I wish it was a little bit louder but I get it because it is a GT car however if you have it intractable and you're ripping her around you still hear that turbo split everything back there yeah yeah it's just not as loud like the actual exhaust tone but for a Grand Tour it might kind

of be appropriate and my ears have not been hurting at all and they are sensitive to some of the louder cars so I don't really mind it and let's send it into cliche corner let's do a little bit of a winter send and not nothing too crazy today okay this this is amazing so it definitely handles wi nter no problem handles cliche corner and haven't mentioned that it is group you'll drive like a fully rear-wheel drive and it's very controllable like if it does step out you can recover it it's fine

I really enjoy driving it I wish I could afford to maybe like track one of these and really see what it can do yeah and then because this is a McLaren we still have hydraulic steering and you still have so much steering feel I haven't driven a Ferrari but I think this has more steeri ng feel than a Lambo but let's get into those traction controls okay because if you're not in active mode and it's normal if you floor it and it slips it's gonna feel like a Honda Civic yeah it doesn't go anywhere

like your Florida just nothing so let me turn off active floor it there we go it took a while it's really a safety bubble yeah because there's a little traction control thing flashing the whole time because it's trying to get traction and the best part is I feel like the car senses that there's no traction wait before my body notices that there's no traction at all because you don't even know it's it's so true because yeah the car controls it before you think that you should have slept so then

if you click the traction control button once ESC whenever you floor it it'll loosen up a little bit but get traction and keep going right away so if you're driving in the snow and you actually need to go somewhere you need to be in that mode and even in the w et yeah I totally agree and it's still super controllable in this mode but it just gets you a little bit more sideways and we don't have any of those crazy drift angle things like we had in the 720 s which we didn't get a chance to use

anyways no but if you put traction all the way off you to hold it then click to confirm it it pretty much just peels out which is awesome [Music] you're gonna really get all the power out of it that way and handling wise this is pretty much like ev ery other McLaren I've driven I don't feel like it's any worse in the handling Department exactly it's so super flat and it's just even more comfortable even in track mode like doing everything in every mode is just more comfortable in this and I don't

feel like I'm missing out on that much in terms of handling yeah maybe a like a little bit on looks but for a GT car this is probably the most superest oh this is definitely the most superest GT car I've ever driven and probably ever ex ists right now so let's talk about this engine power delivery does lag just like every the McLaren so if I'm gonna floor in third right now it's gonna wait and head we're off now this is the best kind of flag yeah exactly it's that fun turbo kind of like

rollercoaster leg this is the feeling that I wanted in the gt500 Shelby yes that I couldn't get and like after driving doesn't kind of like okay I know where I need to put my muddy if I buy a super card and so with the engin e let's talk about this transmission it shifts so quickly and I think it shifts a little bit smoother than every other McLaren so if you leave it in automatic it's so smooth you could drive it like a regular car yeah having noticed it being any smoother and the paddles feel

like my gran turismo controller for playstation yeah they kind of make the same sounds and stuff this is the most similar feeling to that which I really like that's true but they shift so quickly like boom and th en up shift up shift love it and it's pretty much the best feeling steering wheel ever yeah it really is like it just molds your hands and it looks so cool with all those carbon fiber I love that the paddles move with the wheel it's just like the best and then driving position just

like every other McLaren you're still low to the ground but your visibility is amazing yeah I feel like most other GT cars are front-engine and this being a mid-engine like you see so much more it's n ot hard getting out of driveways or anything yeah the closest thing I guess to this would be like the Audi r8 but you can't see the engine in this it's kind of buried underneath all that leather and crazy materials that's actually keeping all the heat down but you can't golf bag an r8 but that's all

wheel drive yeah maybe yeah in the passenger seat yeah exactly doesn't count now it doesn't and so now on to my favorite part of most cars this one sounds pretty good it's a little bit but you know what's amazing about it no crackles and pops or anything just awesome engine sound it's authentic there's nothing fake about it which I definitely appreciate and because this is a hatch you still get a little bit more that comes through and that turbo spool is definitely my favorite part of MacLaren's

yeah it's definitely very livable but also very good but my favorite MacLaren's got to be that 650 we drove really man that thing was wild I would take the 7 20s over anything in the McLaren lineup except I haven't driven the 600 LT Spyder and maybe that one I would take over it so now I'm moving on to the interior we got a couple fun things in here we've got that roof that goes on and off electrochromic I believe yes feel free to use that in any of your video articles the verge and now

I'm gonna turn that back on if I could figure out that I'll click next to it next to it yeah yeah there we go and then we've also got an infotainment in this McLare n it's slightly operated from the 720 but still doesn't have apple carplay or Android auto but it does have to mix in Sirius satellite radio which is awesome there you go the only thing that I found that annoys me is that it doesn't register every touch input it's a little bit hard to press but it might be because this thing's new and

it still got like a protective cover on it and in this one we have a navigation map and I'm going to click navigation this one we have a map which is ac tually one of the smoothest Maps I've ever used to like pinch and zoom I know it responds to every touch and there's no lag it's like an iPhone or a phone yeah and then when we click our climate controls we have heated seats which is fun we don't have cooled seats which kind of sucks in a car like this and we don't have massages but these seats

in general aren't really comfortable seats they're just normal McLaren seats I think yeah yeah like they're comfortable but they're no more comfortable than a regular like 720s let's say and then even getting in and out compared to the 720 s like isn't it kind of exactly the same yeah because I think this is the same carbon-fiber mono cell I think it's mono cell too so it's the same carbon fiber chassis so by Grand Tour they only mean slightly more room pretty much I'm ok with that yes slightly

higher right slightly more room and we also have a beerus and wilkins sound system and a volume knob hard buttons to get to othe r places in the infotainment and we've got ambient lighting yeah I haven't seen ambient any other McLaren which makes sense yeah it's kind of okay just a couple lights at the bottom but it also lights up this badge on the dash which is very cool and then if we look at a drive mode selector area it's all covered in gloss black but this is not the price that you're

not gonna clean it yourself so whatever no problem it looks great does look great and with our drive modes when we c hange them from Comfort Sport and track we also change our gauge cluster which is also the most legible easy to read an understandable gauge cluster in the history of cars oh my god it's crystal clear and I love track mode track mode is so good you have the shift lights and everything and then in sport mode it shows the tach right in the middle with a priority on the gear and when

you're in comfort mode it shows a priority on the speed it's pretty much perfect and this McLaren does h ave a backup camera that's also in the gauge cluster but it has a radar in the infotainment as well yes you kind of have to look at both if you're gonna use everything but I've noticed I've been turning my hands in the wheel a lot of weird ways to see what the reverse camera is showing and then if we look behind us it's this weird quilted pattern and we've got this bar which is pretty cool cuz

I threw a backpack back there and when I hit the brakes it didn't slide forward so that's go od if you were going much faster probably would have slid forward yeah I would I had to tie it down yes there are tied downs in the backpack but not quite up here and then what McLaren has done which most companies absolutely screw up there is a place to put your large phone in the bottom area near the cup holder where the GT badges great job McLaren how are they ahead on this I have everyone else they've

got a Red Bull cup holder and a cell phone holder and a net do they come up with a car like every year so that's probably why but still no car play this thing makes a lot of weird electronic hums like you constantly hear it especially when you're stopped it's just like this humming sound and we've got a decent amount of room in our little armrest right here where we plug in our USB we've got cool little compartments in the door that opened up secretly so that when you open the door everything

doesn't fall out that's pretty nice and my favourite interior thing about this car is the pattern on the window switches and the door handle they kind of remind me of Lamborghini type switches they look kind of like shavers yeah a little bit but I like it I think they look really cool it's a nice touch and so that's pretty much it with MacLaren's first grand touring car let's get to the price yeah here we go three hundred and twenty one thousand two hundred and fifty eight dollars Canadian that

is a lot of money is it though for a McLaren well for Mc Laren no but for GT car yes how about an Aston Martin GT car a little bit less or if you get the DBS Superleggera then yeah probably something around there but there DB 11 a little bit less and then a Bentley would be about the same probably if not more I think the Bentley Continental GT would be a little bit less and then we also kind of have the Audi r8 and the Porsche 911 Turbo S on the low price yeah but when you see those on the

road no one's definitely as excited to seein g this on the road this is the only one with the doors that go up and yeah that's one of the craziest parts yeah like as much as we say that and we're like oh yeah the doors go up like the doors go up and that's so cool that's a very big deal yeah we wait the children but guess what the doors go up so of all the McLaren's neither of us would pick this as our McLaren we would not but that's because we're young dudes we're probably on the lower end for

age for people who would buy a M cLaren but somebody who's like a boomer this would probably be perfect for them or if you already have a 7 20s and you want a supplementary of McLaren because you don't want to drive that cuz it's a little bit too low for the winter this is great okay then how about this McLaren GT against other GT cars honestly I would probably go with the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera because I would just want to be more comfortable and I would just want a 720 s as the 720 s car

I think I got too mu

0 resposta a "The NEW McLaren GT is a $300,000 Grand Touring Supercar"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel