Battle of the Best Selling Cars - 2021 Honda Civic vs Toyota Corolla

Battle of the Best Selling Cars - 2021 Honda Civic vs Toyot

Battle of the Best Selling Cars - 2021 Honda Civic vs Toyota Corolla


1.822.111 visualizações • 7 de fev. de 2021 • 2021 Honda Civic vs 2021 Toyota Corolla Review by The Straight Pipes. Which one of these would you pick, the Honda Civic Touring or the Toyota Corolla XSE? Would you take them over the Hyundai Elantra, KIA Forte, VW Golf, Nissan Sentra, Mazda 3? Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thestraightpipes​ Become a YouTube Member! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86S...​ Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...​ Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thestraightp...​ Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/thestraight...​ Twitter! https://twitter.com/StraightPipers​ Buy our merch at teespring.com/stores/thestraightpipes​ Check out Continental Tire at https://www.continentaltire.ca​ ------------------- #honda​ #toyota​ #civicVScorolla​ ------------------- Mostrar menos Mostrar mais

Battle of the Best Selling Cars - 2021 Honda Civic vs Toyota Corolla



[Music] on URI Jacob we're going from point A to point B 2020 Toyota Corolla XS e 2020 Honda Civic Touring we are comparing normal reliable four-door sedans in automatic transmissions these have been the best-selling cars in this segment for I don't even know how many years and they're pretty much our go-to recommendation when someone says what should I buy I don't really care about driving by a 10 year old Civic or Corolla or maybe a new and if you've got a little extra cash and not that

it matters horsepower and torque the Civic has 174 horsepower and 162 pound-feet of torque from a 1.5 liter turbo four-cylinder and the Corolla has 169 horsepower and 151 pound-feet of torque from a 2 liter naturally aspirated 4-cylinder and by the way they're both CVTs our favorite but what we really need to find out is which one is faster ready Sibley's got a little bit more power not much but I feel like the Corolla kicks into fakey gear a little quicker yes so these do have fake gears these

are CVT so they simulate fake gears and we both have paddles to simulate those fake gears but if you rip it off the line the Civic wins every time by a whole bunch yeah and with only 5 more horsepower that's actually really impressive so the turbo does make a difference but does it make enough of a difference to buy this car for the speed it really depends on how much you're into handling and horsepower and all that kind of stuff but realistically not really these are poi nt A to point B cars and

all week this has gotten me from point A to point B with absolutely no issues yeah and the civics done the same but I feel like I've had a little bit more fun in it and I've had zero fun in either of these cars but the experiences have been either perfectly neutral or slightly above neutral nothing negative at all but I feel like I do need to say that the Civic is the one that's slightly more fun I could just wait for that turbo to spool up and it handles just a little bit better so if you do

care about that stuff I would highly recommend the Civic over that Corolla yeah the civics handling is definitely better than the Corolla and if you guys like comparisons like this we do a lot of these so make sure you check them out and subscribe and hit the bell for more of those so let's get to the important stuff that people actually care about in this segment number one they both take regular gas and like always we don't talk about gas mileage but on paper they're pretty much exactly the

same people probably care about being able to fit in the front seat and the back seat yeah so I find myself more comfortable in the Civic seats just sitting in them while driving and I have more legroom behind myself in the Civic I feel like they're pretty much exactly the same comfort wise if you don't really think about it and the Corolla has a lumbar support yeah and we both have heated seats in the front we actually have heated seat s in the back which is awesome and I don't have a heated

steering wheel in the Civic so I actually do have a heated steering wheel in the Corolla and I've got a heated area for my windshield wipers in the Corolla as well and that's pretty impressive because there is a very slight price difference between these but we'll get to that at the end the next thing someone probably cares about if they have apple carplay and android auto the Corolla and the Civic both have apple carplay ho wever the Corolla does not have Android auto which is ridiculous come

on Toyota even the supers gonna get it soon okay and they both have wireless chargers which is cool but do use apple carplay you got a plug into both anyways not really gonna use them and since you're gonna be driving this everyday you listen to music listening your satellite radio I think the Civic has the better sound system oh it definitely does the Corolla feels like everything's coming out of the front the C ivic feels like it's surround sound and do both of these remind satellite radio they

both do but it's a little better to use on the Corolla I think and you know what else is better to use on the Corolla the tuning knob yeah because you don't have one on the Civic it's got that old Civic infotainment they used to have the touch volume thing that they kind of fixed with some hard buttons but there's a lot better part buttons on this Corolla yeah so when we've previously reviewed the Civ ic they did add some hard buttons and a volume knob a couple years back but it's still not the

best compared to like a Kia or a Hyundai if I click the phone button it's gonna take me to my phone screen on apple carplay there's no way to go to your projection or go right to satellite radio there's a few too many clicks for everything as far as I'm concerned and you know what I really care about in a car like this the trunk space yeah so the Civic actually does have a little bit more trunk space and I think it's better configured but I had an issue when I went to play hockey in the

Corolla I couldn't drop the back seats down from the trunk to fit my hockey stick in so I had to go all the way to the front door unlock it with my hand then go to the back door open that up get in and drop the seats so I could put my hockey stick in the Civic we've got little knobs from the trunk to drop the back seats which is like a huge deal if you actually need to go snowb oarding play hockey through your golf bags in there or something and before we talk about the backup camera let me just

slingshot myself forward with the CVT and turbo I find it hilarious like I actually enjoy the power delivery in this because it's kind of fun I can see why you think it's interesting but to be brutally honest they're just like people movers like nothing cool about it so now let's talk about these backup cameras the one in the Civic is definitely worse quality than t he one in the Corolla yeah you got a better field of view you can actually see what's around you and I think the Civic is pretty

much just good for not hitting that pole behind you but what sucks is neither of these have parking sensors and so let's talk about some safety stuff I don't have any blind spot monitoring in the Civic but I do have a camera on the right side yes and that turns on when you turn on the signal but you can't turn that off in the settings and you had an issu e with that yeah so every time I use my Android auto it would just take an extra second to kick back into Android auto so I was making

a right-hand turn use my signal and then I lost my thing and I was oh no do I turn here or turn after this so it's a little weird and in the Corolla you've got regular blind spot monitoring with little sensors in the mirrors yeah it works great and lucky for us both of these cars have pretty decent lane keep but they're not nearly as good as anything from like Hyundai or Kia yeah the best part of them is that they do actually Lane Center they still move around a bit but they definitely are Lane

centering and they also have adaptive cruise so if you're stuck in rush-hour traffic and you're not going too quick on the highway it's pretty good for taking over hey Yuri I got a good one for you hey hit me with it I looked at the Toyota website while I was researching that vehicle and they said something about the drivetrain I' m gonna have to read it to you word for word from the website oh yeah I want to hear this marketing jargon tell me if you feel this while you're driving that car a true

performance powertrain it even features laser clad valves a technology derived from f1 racing well I think marketing needs to tone it down a notch back to reality on that yeah Toyota and f1 yeah that's a that's a thing that's like me saying everything is like my prowler and you saying everything is like your Raptor tha t's pretty much what they did there so let's switch cars talk about a few more comparisons on the interior get into the looks of both of them and then let's get to the price when

you said switch cars did you mean like we're gonna swap out for like a prowler Raptor the hard you said it the reason I want to switch is because I have no faith in Toyota's passing the visor test you ready yeah three two one yeah throughput extension I should have stayed in that car okay cupholder test you 've got the cups in your car and this definitely passes in the Corolla and it definitely passes in the Civic it's that same awesome cup holder that we love from every Civic we've ever driven

and I would love to talk about the center console section because it is full of gloss black in the Corolla and I find it disgusting yeah it doesn't really bother me it is like clean look and it doesn't really come up high so it feels like you have more of a green space right I believe it's green house green house and they're just it feels less cramped in the Corolla it definitely feels less cramped in the Corolla just because of the way that the center console is configured you kind of have more

room for your knees and in both of these cars we've got a nice armrest where we can put our hand on the steering wheel while having our elbow on the armrest which i think is very great and we both have normal shifters which is amazing yeah it's actually kind of crazy we both have spo rt modes which don't do too much yeah so the Corolla actually is a button that says sport the Civic only has sport for the transmission yeah the sport mode the Civic doesn't change the dampers or the steering

or anything the sport mode in the Corolla does affect the steering which is kind of cool however it's so light in the Corolla that old people would probably appreciate that yeah adds not only all people's back steering which is nice but it is super light in comparison to the Civic I personally prefer the steering in the Civic yeah it's definitely much better so let's talk about these fake gears now if I shift them manually with these paddles in the Corolla they shift so fast I don't like the

shape of the paddles in the Corolla I much prefer the shape of the paddles in the Civic did you notice that the paddles in the krohler are like double paddles so the part that you actually press isn't the plus/minus it's just like a weird decorative paddles I wish they went the Ultima route and just got rid of all them but you do only get the paddles on the upper trims like the SE the X se because this is the sportiest version of this Corolla so the Civic has an eco mode and when you're driving

economically the lights go green and when you floor it goes white the Corolla has a little leaf that shows up every time you're off the throttle or back on the throttle it'll disappear but you can turn that off and I think we found that annoying in a previous Toyota video yeah Lexus is known for doing that so again same company so you can turn that off here and the last few things I want to talk about in the interior none of these have memory seats which kind of sucks if you share it with a

spouse yeah and these are the top trims of both of these so it would be nice if they added that and only the Civic has the garage door opener buttons on the mirror which is awesome if you don't want to have a garage door opener all the time that is your latest random obsession if you have to go snowboarding and you have to open your garage door opening the trunk and going around every time and having to get your clicker every time you save a lot of extra steps in the Civic and I have two last

things that I'd like to talk about the interior so let's start with the gauges I think the gauges in the Civic just looks so much better the quality of them like everything about them I prefer yeah it's a cleaner look and I think it's coming from this being the same gauges in the Type R the Corolla matches everything else in the Taylor lineup I don't really like it but I also don't really mind it and we did talk about the seats earlier but I just want to mention that in the Corolla you get soft

text which is like a simulated leather and in the Civic you actually get real leather but hands-down the Corolla has the much cooler looking seats yeah they actually look so cool is that a raptor and before we ge t to the looks the last thing I would like to talk about is the overall ride quality and comfort these are both so comfortable I have no issues with either but the only thing is if you just want the better handling one get the Civic but they're both equally comfortable and then as

for overall interior which one do you prefer the look of more I prefer the look of the Civic I prefer everything about the interior of the Civic to be honest I think I prefer the functionality of the Civic but I like the look of the Corolla more and definitely the infotainment screen on the Corolla wins for me yeah the actual screen itself is definitely better quality and one more thing to tie in the interior to the exterior because we're going to talk about that next both of these have

proximity touch door handles so you don't need to get the key out of your pocket ever yeah and the Civic actually has remote start which is awesome but the Civic you have to push a hard bu tton to lock the door where the Corolla you can just tap it with your hand so moving on from the door handles let's talk about the overall looks of both of these which one looks better on the count of three one two three Corolla good job Toyota dude can you imagine that this is the beige Corolla of the 90s and

2000's that's been rolling around recently this is what's gonna be rolling around in like ten years and the thing is nobody looks at that like nobody looks at that curl on the road at all it's such a good looking car especially next to the Civic like this looks amazing so front end wise if we start with the headlights obviously that Corolla wins that yeah did you know that they're actually called Triple J headlights I'll take it and then ask for grilles on the front end you got a huge grill on

the Corolla which is way more modern yeah the front end of the Corolla is just so much more aggressive there's so many grills up there especially because this is th e XS II so that is the sporty one Type R versus XS a hatchback Type R wins well yeah I mean typebars wild and then how about side view and body lines do you have a preference I think the Civic has harder body lines but I prefer the overall look of the Corolla side view I do prefer the look of the Civic a little more how about wheels I

really like the wheels on the Corolla they look so cool the Civic ones are all right but the Corolla ones are legitimately nice wheels yeah I'm gonna gi ve this one to Corolla as well and what is the Continental recommended tire for these two point A to point B lovely vehicles the Continental pure contact LS and the Viking contact 7 so now how about the backend the Corolla back-end is just so much more aggressive I really like that I like how they made the whole bottom of the back bumper just

fake a grill pattern like no hiding it at all yeah it's literally like the entire bumper and you have a diffuser and stuff in there and then you have a pretty decent looking exhaust only on the Corolla and on the Civic we've got a tiny bit of fake grill on the sides which everyone complained about but I don't think they're gonna complain anymore after seeing that Corolla but we've got dual exhaust which is pretty hidden on the Civic yeah and if that hidden dual exhaust bothers you you can get

the sport which has a cooler looking exhaust and then we've both got little spoilers the Civic one is like a little too tiny I t hink the Corolla wins this one yeah the spoilers are so minimal that I can't even decide a winner on spoilers I'm sorry and then taillight wise we got the good old lobster claws on the Civic which I'm kind of over and the Corollas got some like chill little lines nothing spectacular on either end so with everything out of the way I think it's time to get to the price

and decide which one we would take or recommend to you guys so let's start with the cheaper one it's the Corolla twe nty eight thousand four hundred and ninety dollars can he and the Civic is only three hundred dollars more at twenty eight thousand seven hundred and ninety dollars so the price is pretty much exactly the same yeah three hundred dollars is gonna break the bank for you just just find another job so which one would you take and why there's a lot more things that I prefer both the

Civic starting with the drivetrain I like the interior I like the handling I don't like the looks as muc h but that's enough for me to decide Civic and especially because it has Android auto as well for me I think it comes down to a few little gimmicks being able to drop the back seats from the trunk is huge having the garage door opener attached here is huge both Lane keeps are pretty similar so I'm not gonna really argue on that and both were want satellite radio stations and have apple carplay

so I'm good on that end so I'm a little confused what's your decision I would have to go Civ ic because those are the things that matter more to me but it's not like the curl is a bad car by any stretch there's just like little things that add up for both of us for the Civic yeah and for a lot of people a lot of these things don't matter people don't need these garage door opener buttons they don't need the rear seats to go down from the back in which case pretty much whatever one you could get a

better deal on or whatever you're more used to is fine because like the tuning k nob might be a huge deal for someone else in the Corolla which would suck in the Civic and because I already have a car that I think looks really cool looks aren't gonna play a factor on which car I would choose however if this is somebody's only car maybe their first car that they're buying brand new they might like the Corolla a lot more because of the looks so let us know in the comments which one you think

is better which one you guys have bought which one you would recomme a Corolla

0 resposta a "Battle of the Best Selling Cars - 2021 Honda Civic vs Toyota Corolla"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel