2021 Mercedes-AMG E53 Coupe Review - Is it a Real AMG? Does it Even Matter?

2021 Mercedes-AMG E53 Coupe Review - Is it a Real AMG? Does

2021 Mercedes-AMG E53 Coupe Review - Is it a Real AMG? Does it Even Matter?


694.637 visualizações • 12 de jul. de 2021 • We go for a drive in the 2021 Mercedes-AMG E53 Coupe Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thestraightpipes Become a YouTube Member! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86S... Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c... Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thestraightp... Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/thestraight... Twitter! https://twitter.com/StraightPipers Buy our shirts! Profits go directly to burnouts: teespring.com/stores/thestraightpipes Check out Continental Tire at https://www.continentaltire.ca ------------------- #mercedes #amg #e53 ------------------- Mostrar menos Mostrar mais

2021 Mercedes-AMG E53 Coupe Review - Is it a Real AMG? Does it Even Matter?



[Music] I'm hearing a big corporate drive [Music] 20:19 mercedes-amg e53 coupe a 4matic plus so it is the first AMG version of the no B pillars for this generation correct in e s has no B pillars already horsepower and torque 429 horsepower 384 pound-feet of torque from a three litre inline-six turbo with an electric supercharger so what does the Electric supercharger do it basically just gives you boost to torque fill before the turbo kicks in so that there's less lag [Applause] ya notice

there's a readi light on the gauge cluster yeah it's literally always there and it kind of bothers me I guess electric cars need to have that so that people know they're ready to roll well this is an electric car but it has electric miss to it yeah the only time I think I got it to driving full electric was when I was reversing once yeah it's supposed to do it on D cell so like right when you're almost coming to a stop basically but it is very very quick it is pretty quick yeah it's not real AMG

fast I guess it's not because technically this isn't a real AMG it's not a hand-built engine so no we do not think it's a real EMG that does not make it a bad car we're just stating that so I absolutely love the e 400 coupe because it had no be pillars and I loved it too for that so let's talk about the changes to this AMG version so since is an AMG it has the quad exhaust at the back yes it does and it sounds completely different yeah this is the fake 2019 exhaust where you've got two exhaust

tips and then one pipe coming out through the back yeah and it does crackle and pop it sounds okay nothing remarkable and then moving above the exhaust tips now we've got a little AMG spoiler on the back yeah I really like that spoiler and then the rest of the body lines it doesn't seem like it's any wider but I think it just looks better because of the spoiler and the exhaust tips and the bumpers yeah I'm pretty sure it's no wider than the regular 400 but it' s got a pretty good stance as it is

as any 400 well I disagree because it's a little too tall there's way too much wheel gap for a Mercedes Mercedes always nails their stance this one just has a little bit too much wheel gap and then the front end has a slightly different grille I guess the 43 slash 50 threes don't have the pin grille anymore this one's got the same style that we had in the c43 wagon yeah it's not too crazy looking from the front it's not like AMG AMG looking it's ju st kind of a mg looking yeah I think it's a good

improvement over the e 400 and I actually really like this it does look really good it just looks a little bit better than the Ebola moving around to the side I really like these wheels Mercedes has some of the best wheels in the business and I love these ones yeah do you like these more than a monoblock no but it's pretty good for a fake AMG yeah exactly and what does the Continental recommend a tire for the e53 the extreme contact spo rt so what's your favorite angle on the e 53 coupe on

the side but the side from where just side from side side from side when you get both seats down so it looks like it's just a huge empty arch you got it personally I wasn't too sold on the looks in black until I saw it rolling on the street from a rear three-quarter angle yeah black really hides a lot of the body lines but you can still get that nice openness from the side yeah the way when we drove last year popped a lot mo re like I was more happy to see that at all times this one I feel

like you need to have the windows down and be rolling because you can't really park with the windows down that was overall just a better spec in general yeah because of the interior this one's all black but we'll get to that in a bit but now I want to bring up again convertible or coupe a coupe a and I'm gonna correct myself from last convertible yeah I just I do get a better experience when I'm in here and forge t about the convertible this is the one to get exactly it's just like we would roll

down the windows right now if we wouldn't screw up our audio but this thing just looks so amazing I rolled up on an old I guess CLS or something oh yeah and it was black had the windows down it's that a rear three-quarter you catch up to that you're just like damn the rear end is the better part of this nothing looks this good on the road yeah that'd be pillarless design is just they nailed it and the n speaking of black enough popping much at sunset that's when it pops the most you can get like

the nice reflection of the red sky speaking of red sky we do have our favourite Mercedes interior colors in this and because it's the e-class we get the nice swoops everywhere so we do have red moon in here okay I'm going to red moon into cliche corner send it and for a big car it actually handles so well it actually does like surprisingly well there's not that much body roll there is some but should you be surprised I mean at least 63 handles amazing through here so like what's the big

difference because the 63 gets all the real AMG treatment but it's still the same platform except this maybe doesn't have a beat pillar so it's a little more flexi well it's not exactly that it's a lot of different suspension components but the rest of it like you know what I mean they're making a two-door out of a fast four-door so why shouldn't the two-door still be pre DS it is definitely DS it's just not as nice as a 63 I don't what I'm surprised at how DISA it is so moving on to

the interior obviously no bleep pillar so I'm gonna roll down our windows we can reach all the way across let me show you real quick it's that beautiful open-air feel that nobody has the guts to do anymore except for Mercedes pretty much only this and the s-class coupe a exactly and unlike the convertible eClass we've got so much more room in the back seats yeah the re's a good amount of room in there I don't really fit that well just my head basically because of the shape of the car and if we

look into the trunk there's a ton of room and the seats fold down unlike the Mercedes GT 63 four-door and speaking about the back end of the interior of this we also have a peasant blocker back there and it's automatic let me hit that for you yeah I guess it's be kind of weird putting up peasant blockers when there's no b-pillars probably so now moving o n to the worst part of this whole car the black on black interior it's just boring like that's all that's wrong with it it's not that it's bad

it's just a little bit boring looking and I guess there are boring people out there yeah for sure like boring interiors I've had a black on black is f and it was fine but it's just not exciting yeah if this had white or tan I think it would pop a lot more because you'd actually like see something from the outside exactly the way it is right n ow it's just like a black tunnel like a black hole yeah pretty much but you have said you like this fake carbon-fiber looking material in previous Mercedes

this is I believe it's called metal weave and yeah I still like it and then we got piano black I need that dark ash wouldn't am pretty much the last one there's so much piano black in here it's disgusting and it's all dusty like this is why you don't spec gloss black on low surfaces and even high surfaces as well and then we've go t the same old AMG steering wheel like we did in the c43 we've got the grit style infotainment and gauge cluster the sweet spot yeah one generation back from the

newest generation the one that doesn't let you say hey Mercedes so we do have rewinding satellite radio stations and tune mix apple carplay it goes all the way across Android auto then we've got our gauge cluster that says standard a sport and progressive we haven't moved to super sport super sport because it's not a r eal AMG and then we've got the traditional scroll wheel at the bottom that hasn't upgraded to the touchpad style yet we've got super comfortable seats as we always do in Mercedes

but not as comfortable as 63 sport seats but this isn't like a sporty sporty car so I get it yeah and like other Mercedes we have our seat controls on the side but this one I can't control the passenger seat from my side that's right but we do have heated and ventilated seats not cooled seats so they just s uck the heat out of your back but they don't blow cold air up your butt so they're not that cold which is why we're allowed to have hot and cold at the same time yeah so I would like cooled

seat they trick us with that blue light and speaking of that panel we do have a really good sound system and the speaker grilles look awesome too so in progressive we can see our power and charge meter go back and forth and because of that I like to keep it in the standard mode I actually don't mind that at all I thought it would bother me but it doesn't it catches my eyes going back and forth all the time I get that and then another thing is we get the normal flashing when you're near red line

in the progressive mode but when you're in manual mode in standard mode we get the actual track shift bar at the top I did notice that as well and then you get that in the head-up display as well and just like the C 43 AMG not every red line lines up perfectly so you really need to f ind out which one you need to use if you're trying to go super fast I haven't missed any shifts by missing shifts I mean bogging it down in this because I haven't really sent it in this because it's not one of those

cars for me so let's talk about what kind of car it is with you in the driver's seat sounds good you know it's kind of cool you can actually still see the lights in the daytime hey yeah yeah oh seat belt giver launch control no launch control because it's not a real AMG i t fits the first shift that I'm logged on but it is pretty quick and the reason you bog down is cuz you're progressive mode yeah exactly the mode I set you up in but I did like the flashing lights I just didn't ship fast enough

that's what I'm saying cuz the flashlights are at the wrong time anyways this should do is 0 to 100 km/h in 4.6 seconds which is pretty quick and let's send this inline-6 turbo into cliche corner and it does handle quite well in Sport Plus mode this does not h ave a race mode because it's not a real AMG once again and completely fine it does handle really well there's not that much body roll mysteri is really good there's none of that weird BMW Ness you know exactly what's going on on center yeah

now that you mention it there's nothing weird about any of the steering at all exactly it's only in M performance BMWs that we really complain about it and even some M's like the Empire okay it's speaking of this being a lower tier AMG car this doe s get tracked pace yes it does which the other one didn't but it doesn't have a Nurburgring record time well maybe you guess the a sponsor probably still have a better record 404 sure with one with no b-pillars exactly but speaking of the overall

handling it's still very comfortable it does feel a little bit more rear biased it's very neutral but overall it's not as comfortable as the e 400 coupe which is kind of why I don't like we do a bunch of drive modes we can soften the su spension but in the softest suspension it's not a soft 5400 things but you know what this does better than the e 400 coupe anything since but especially your throttle response in every sport mode isn't as jarring as it wasn't a 400 coupe the e 400 coupe was

borderline undriveable in the sportiest mode it was just so touchy for no reason and this even in the sport mode isn't that touchy I agree now this does have 4matic plus so it is all-wheel drive but it is definitely more rea r bias than anything now 4matic plus technically means that it's capable of sending all of its torque to the rear wheels but this doesn't have a drift mode no it does not because it's not a real ng I'm gonna get a lot of hate in this video it's like there's nothing wrong with

not having or not really mg there's completely nothing wrong somebody left a comment saying even really mgs are mostly like hand inspected now at this point well they got signatures and people's hands on them so there's something to the signature means an inspection we don't know for sure we got to go to the factory check it out that would be fun since we're talking about that let's talk about this drivetrain so this EQ boost thing is actually really cool if you definitely notice it pulling

the torque before the turbo kicks in so when you floor it especially in progressive you see the power gauge kick in and then if you have your boost showing up it's like half a second right after that you have full boost so it's really cool to see both of those gauges working together so watch if I do that right now power boost yeah it's pretty cool and there's not much lag at all it's a really good system it's almost too much to look at I like it though unless you're being analytical just to see

what it does yeah well you can hide it if you look at it in your peripheral you just kind of see one go to the max then the other one go to the max the other way and this is a 9 speed auto matic transmission shifts very quick very smooth if you leave it in Drive it's just transmissions it doesn't need to be any faster shifting for this amount of horsepower but to get the full speed out of it you really need to be in manual mode and Sport Plus yeah it does make a big difference like you need to if

you want to race like a Bullitt Mustang or something and dust them you need to be in that mode yeah good luck with that though you didn't never had your car this does have a bu nch of different drive modes so if eco individual Comfort Sport and Sport Plus again there's no race modes because it's not a relay decide that so after driving a couple more Italian sports cars and then maybe some more BMW what do you think of these paddles paddles are still good right in the middle exactly the most fair

paddles of all time they're definitely better than outtie paddles and BMW paddles but they're not better than Italian paddles and this does have the really good lan e key but it doesn't have traffic jam assist like the BMW has yeah exactly and let's talk about that exhaust for a bit because it sounds okay not the best but it's appropriate for a 53 series model I think it sounds really good for someone who has sensitive ears like myself there you go when the Mustang cool it's too loud this is the

right amount I remember a complaint so our parking camera we've got the 360 camera everything very high-resolution but there's a little black shadow aro und the car and it doesn't let me know exactly how close I am to the line or not I don't know if the shadow is part of the car or not yeah I see what you mean by that but it does Park itself so overall this is a very good car much improved from the e4 hunt oh yeah okay yeah these always past on three two one yes there's a full extension pass as

far as your eyes go because there's no way you're gonna reach the very back exactly and if you're just tuning in you haven't watched a visor test before this is just to block the Sun that's it then fits a small cup no problem much better than the GT 63 - yes it did and we don't do a box test because it's not a hatchback but it'd be pretty cool if it was now let's get to the price before we get to the price I would like to address a couple complaints about this car you have complaints about

this amazing perfect car I do hit me with it and it's very subjective objectively this is a great car and it's a huge upgrade ov er the e 400 however for me it's not as comfortable as the e 400 and it's not as fast as a 63 so it's this middle ground that I personally don't like and I don't get so I get pretty much no joy out of driving this I would prefer to actually get the e400 coupe so this is probably the first time in history where I would pick the slower car hit me with the price and I will

try to rebut that this one starts at 86 thousand dollars and the one that we're driving is one hundred and two thous and two hundred and fifty dollars Canadian which is kind of a lot of money I feel like there's only ten thousand dollars more than the e 400 ones it's around that so for a book for about ten thousand dollars you get a cooler exhaust a better sound you get the AMG badge and you get track pace well I don't deny any of that it's just not for me I think it's totally worth it you

get the fastest eClass coupe look what's not to like don't you always want faster I've already listed ev erything I don't like lots of it's like you get the cool hybrid mode I do want faster I want the 63 this isn't fast enough for me they haven't gotten there yet well then then I don't like it until they do yeah that's it for me like I don't see the reason why not you for $11,000 if you're already buying a Mercedes that's a hundred thousand and I get that just not for me so let's talk about the

no competition that this car has yeah it doesn't have any competition really so let us know if you like the e-class coupe is no b-pillars the best I know it is I just want to hear you say it Dobby pillars is definitely the best but I still think you should get the key 400 coupe so let us know if I'm wrong in the comment he's wrong don't forget subscribe hit the notification valve check out patreon.com slash the straight pipes and I'm definitely right enjoy our YouTube membership because Jacobs

wrong I'm URI I'm Jacob we're going for a drive [Music] don't forget subscribe s it Even Matter?

0 resposta a "2021 Mercedes-AMG E53 Coupe Review - Is it a Real AMG? Does it Even Matter?"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel