2021 BMW M4 Cabriolet Review - Drop Top Hard Top

2021 BMW M4 Cabriolet Review - Drop Top Hard Top

2021 BMW M4 Cabriolet Review - Drop Top Hard Top


506.228 visualizações • 17 de set. de 2021 • 2021 BMW M4 Cabriolet Review. Interested in the Mercedes-AMG C63, Audi RS5, Audi RS5 Sportback, BMW M340i, Toyota Supra? Watch this video Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thestraightpipes Become a YouTube Member! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86S... Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c... Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thestraightp... Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/thestraight... Twitter! https://twitter.com/StraightPipers Buy our shirts! Profits go directly to burnouts: teespring.com/stores/thestraightpipes Check out Continental Tire at https://www.continentaltire.ca ------------------- #bmw #m4 #cabriolet ------------------- Mostrar menos Mostrar mais

2021 BMW M4 Cabriolet Review - Drop Top Hard Top



[Music] I'm Jake I'm hearing we're going for a drive 2020 BMW m4 Cabriolet with launch control all right so it's pretty quick if you like lunches as much as we do don't forget to subscribe and hit the notification bell because we're launching every car baby horsepower and torque 450 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque from a twin-turbo 3 litre inline-six [Music] so it's not the same engine from the bmw m3 CS we drove earlier last year actually it is this is the S 55 engine code which is in

the m3 the m4 and the m2 competition you know what I noticed about this car what's that I feel like we're doing a retro review because this one has the old infotainment it's got the old shifter it's got the old gauges but they're making like a brand new 3-series that you can talk to nowadays yeah and the outside it's got the old headlights the old grille the old body lines all right I gotta even like it more than the new ones so why so what do you wanna get into first I want to talk about this

horsepower torque and sound hit me with it okay so this pulls pretty hard I'm gonna downshift in the second and send it pretty good is what I'm gonna say because we've recently driven the m3 40 I and I think that pulls almost as hard as this does yeah that one definitely feels I think faster yeah so the crazy part is this does 0 to 100 km/h in 4.4 seconds and the m3 40 I also does it in 4.4 seconds it also has X Drive and this is rear-wheel drive but I mean I guess this i s kind of an older car

it is it's been around for a while and that's the new one so like it should be faster it's just really impressive to see what they've done with an ammeter formants model in the new generation and I can't wait for the new m3 m4 s in the new generation because that's gonna be crazy now I'd like to talk about that exhaust sound it's not my favorite I think the m3 CSL did way better and that only had like muffler modifications of some sort so all I would want to d o is take that exhaust system and

put it on here and I think it would sound amazing see I can't really pin the difference between that and this but I absolutely love the sound of this m4 like it's so like high pitch and like raspy I guess it's very raspy yeah like yes and then it's got some burbles in the Sport+ modes and then in the efficient mode it's not like pretty much no burble so let's cut to that clip [Applause] you're right above the burbles this definitely has more purple s and pops than the m3 CS I think the CS had

a better tone and it was a little bit deeper so I like that more that how about the sound of this m4 compared to the Zed for that we drove I didn't really like the burbles and crackles from the set for as much as I love everything about this I totally agree I think this sounds better than the Zed for for sure its overall really really really good sounding overall yes just not my favorite now let's talk about this transmission it is a du al clutch it's not a set F and it's a 7-speed yeah so the

dual clutch lurches if you don't do it properly so you have to treat it like a real man you okay so the first one actually lurks on his own and then you put on an AK there no that was no act but it does shift really quickly when you really send it so i'll downshift in the second third and click and click really fast does the head-up display help with your shifts no it is the old head up display the blue on blue remember we c omplain about that like ages ago I haven't even looked at it to be

honest because I have these nice analog old-school gauges and I love the lo the tacho is the right way yeah it goes the right way and we even have shift lights just right around it Wow I know retro review your no no I'm not because I'm bouncing around my foots moving I'm dead serious okay I've never had that problem all right you're right you're right you're right and let's address these drive modes because they are the best we got three buttons to adjust everything and that's it there are no

like sport modes it's just sport for your engine sport for your suspension or for your steering it's great well we don't have those two em buttons that are in red on the steering wheel we just have like two little M buttons but they're still M buttons yeah I mean they're not lashing red trigger buttons anyways I've set my m2 button to be my super M mode so then it goes in the MV M mode but my m1 is li ke super comfort mode so then I could just relax in this Cabriolet however I've pretty much

never relaxed cuz I just believe in an m2 because it's car so fun to drive and I'm gonna send it I am mode because regular traction is not as good as the new BMW so I got to have one off and so let's see how much Saito is you can get its very controllable however it does kind of have a tendency to kind of try and get away from me like almost a little bit of understeer before it oversteer s o it's like a little snappy left and right exactly not like the m2 competition where just a hot knife

through butter that's right so this is slightly less controllable but no less fun and the steering doesn't feel weird at all nothing like the new M Performance BMWs which are really annoying this is just great and the old M Performance BMW because technically that m240 I was one of this generation that's true yeah you're right so this has amazing steering in comparison to every thing else from pmw so let's get you into the driver's seat and talk about looks and a bunch of other fun stuff all

right you're right you're right you're right did you however the best part however the best part is that this is actually available with a manual for four thousand dollars less okay yeah that's that's the best okay so I want some of this Cabriolet stuff go for because it's a hardtop convertible does this count as no b-pillars I think this counts as no b-pillars for sure like this is so good I don't think it counts I appreciate the effort but like unless it's a hardtop with no feet pillars it's

it's too easy but what do you mean it is a hardtop and there's nothing else like I don't like cars that convertible with no peat pillars it's too easy of a way out but since it is a convertible I think we should take the top down for the rest of the review for sure okay so we got one button that we push down or up by the way we can do this when we're dri ving but it's just safer to do it when we're not driving and it looks really cool when the top goes down yeah the way everything compresses into

the trunk which pretty much kills all the trunk room yes there is no trunk space in this car and now it feels like a total convertible oh yeah this feels amazing I love this and now I gingerly drive through cliche gingerly a marry you for that that's gingerly today just over Syria enough with traction on a little bit just to keep in control i t's a lot of fun because this is a hardtop convertible I think this is like getting three cars in one and I'm just gonna say this is my favorite version of

the m4 okay now I'm gonna get into looks and say why I absolutely hate it it ruins the slope of the roof to the back like it still looks kind of like an m4 but it just it just kills that nice body line so it says a little bit however compared to other convertibles and cabriolets this looks way better because it's not a soft top se e I like the soft up because then you're fully committing to the convertible life instead of like half committing this is a full commit look full commit yeah but you're

not full committing with the hardtop shape I know you're I don't like set what I'm trying to say is I don't like sacrificing the perfect roof slope for a convertible does the m4 look good with a hardtop yes it does look better than the m4 Cabriolet in general and that means a lot to me and that's why I couldn't do it b ut if you're comparing Cabriolet it's a cabriolet which would be like a c63 S Cabriolet see I don't I don't compare soft top convertible at the hardtop can read because they're all

cabriolets I disagree alright let us know in the comments why I'm right but what I do really like about the convertible this is the sound of the exhaust okay looks back to look sorry what's your favorite angle I think the front angle cuz it's so aggressive the headlights are old-school compared to current g en I think the front three-quarter okay I love the front end I think it's the BMW look for me you know what people have a BMW that they grew up with yes for me this one was the one that made

the most impact growing up as a car guy really well like I didn't really care about BMWs before I started doing the stuff so like this is the shape that I like okay I think it's all the round headlight ones for me like the e39 the e36 like that's the BMV I didn't care back then all right then we got that big huge hood bulge well I think is awesome yeah it's so cool it kind of transfers over from the previous like v8 ones and then we've got a nice lip kit some carbon fiber the grille is nice

and normal nothing is out of proportions exactly I love the front end of this so then if we go to the side view I think this is where the biggest change happens because the new BMW is they lost that like big Archie rear quarter-panel and everything and those hard body lines that refl ect really nice but this still has that yeah I love how this looks from the side definitely more than new ones and especially since Highland and especially since that m4 is just a two-door m3 the new m4 is going to

look like that 3-series yeah it's gonna be interesting so like they're going to lose this and like all the paint colors on the m4 were always great this is an all right blue like I don't really like blue oh I love this blue but when it pops it pops super hard I was always a gold m4 kind of guy yeah they're like the mustard Zoli love it Austin Phoenix yellow something-or-other let us know and then how about the wheels on this the best wheels fitted to an M vehicle they kind of look like Smokey

and the Bandit wheels I think a little bit away anything that's like honeycomb me like oh no way okay these are really good I love these wheels so much they fit the car so well because this does have the competition package and that's why we get these amazing wheels then we got huge brakes as well yeah they look awesome what's the Continental recommended tire for the M for the Conti Sport contact five P and then how about the backend I love it too it looks so good it's got the traditional

old-style taillights I guess but they're nice and LED they look really good then we've got I guess your favorite kind of exhaust tip that's real wrapped in carbon fiber exactly real exhaust tips it's wow what a novel feature and and I just like lov e the way it sounds especially top-down like I just got to say that again because this is one of my favorite exhaust not as good not as good as an Alfa it just feels so good maybe because it's top-down but like listen yeah that rasp I just don't like

it oh yeah yeah no the CS has a way better exhaust for me and then we also have a carbon-fiber rear diffuser I think overall the back end looks pretty solid very aggressive and the coolest mode is actually from the trunk which is very w eird since we're talking about the back there's actually this mode that you can actually raise the trunk kind of like a transformer robot thing just so you can have more access to everything in there yeah exactly very different so overall m4 better than the new

3-series or not yes okay I also agree it looks wise yes so let's get into the interior then since this is old-school this is also perfectly wood in certain ways okay so let's start with I guess the biggest feature is the tac h it's analog it's not weird and I absolutely love it should they have changed anything no and then if we move on to our infotainment we've got the older style I could connect my iphone to that for a wireless car plate very easily your Android auto still doesn't work hey BMW

doesn't work ah so good and then we've got our rewinding satellite radio stations still no tuned mix we've got our cup holder which will fit a small cup just fine and what's the cool part about this one oh the ac tual USB port they moved it to the upper part so that it never gets water in it did they move it or did they not move it to the bottom yeah they just didn't move it we should probably do the visor test in that case three two one ah fail I mean that's kind of like a convertible thing they

never pass well Mercedes does and then like all BMWs we've got the scroll wheel to control stuff it's super easy to use we've got all our climate stuff which is hard buttons which is really nice mater ials are solid we have very minimal gloss black but we do have some we've got carbon fiber which I love we've got white interior which I also love so what do you like more that a peanut butter brown or this white because I think I like white BMW interiors more than the tan color I think it depends

on the spec for me I think this needs the white interior with the blue paint but in certain colours like a red red it would need a tan you know somebody on Instagram posted their like aqua colored BMW with a red interior and I think that is the best spec I've ever seen any BMW in and then the steering wheel is a nice big fat BMW steering wheel which feels great and how do the paddles feel to you in comparison to the new generation this is so amazing I know like why doesn't out II do this why

doesn't everybody do this this is not even that big of a deal I know it's not and they're smaller than the new generation but they feel better and how do you like the seats med ium medium I'm not like overly impressed with them or anything I feel like I'm actually sitting a little higher than I'd like to sit I think the driving position might be a little bit higher than the new M 340 I but overall I find them very comfortable decently bolstered no issues and the back seat room obviously sucks

because it is a convertible yeah it's alright for what it is however we should probably address the pylon in the room okay we address that in the M 340i video I did not hit any cones I can keep posting videos of the person in front of me hitting cones or you can stop giving me this current BMW you know just toss it right now see you later [Music] and then what's also weird about this with the old infotainment is we've got a 360 camera but we don't show a reverse at the same time and we've got

lines to make the stitch it is very weird compared to the new generation and then when you just push the camera button we've got like two little cameras at the front wheels that point forward like I don't know what it's doing that's something that they made a big improvement on in the newer ones it's really cool to see what they got right in the new models versus what they got wrong what they changed and why they changed it especially since it all exists at the same time line yeah because this

is a 20/20 and we've also driven the 20/20 em 340i which are completely different but I guess mercedes-benz does the same thing with like th eir GLA s when they've got like the brand new stuff coming out to every manufacturer does it it's just funny to drive it back to back almost so that's it right pretty much let's get to the price this one starts at eighty nine thousand dollars Canadian this one has the $26,000 ultimate package with eight hundred and ninety five dollars worth of paint as well

for one hundred and fifteen thousand eight hundred and ninety five dollars so what does the ultimate package include way too man y things to list I think that's kind of a lot for an m4 but you thought the m3 cs1 way more yeah but it says CS at the end okay which we still don't know if that's competition sport or club sport didn't we find that owned in Germany we found it out but we forgot it we did forget because that's a limited edition so for this like I don't feel like you need to get a

limited edition version of this or like an extra package I think this is overall my favorite m4 because like I said you get three cars in one you get a convertible you get a hardtop and you get a no b-pillar adventure I love it see I think it's the opposite cuz you get an ugly hardtop the convertible part is nice and you get a fake V pillar so I think you should stick with just the hardtop I think because of the hardtop I love it so much that I would actually take this over c63 s convertible or

an s5 convertible just because those are in soft ops really yeah not so much I like this but I guess the re is a lot of other competition for this since it is a rear-wheel drive front-engined six-cylinder not in terms of luxury cars I think that's pretty much it but like performance wise do like a Camaro would keep up with this pretty well keep up yeah and plus it's a convertible so yeah sports cars so let us know what you guys think of the m4 Cabriolet would you get this over the regular for are

you excited for the new generation don't forget to subscribe and hit the notifications on pa

0 resposta a "2021 BMW M4 Cabriolet Review - Drop Top Hard Top"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel