The Range Rover Evoque is One of the Best Luxury SUVs

The Range Rover Evoque is One of the Best Luxury SUVs

The Range Rover Evoque is One of the Best Luxury SUVs


483.745 visualizações • 27 de dez. de 2021 • 2021 Range Rover Evoque Review by The Straight Pipes. The Land Rover Range Rover Evoque P300 R-Dynamic HSE is refreshed with a Turbo 2L 4 cylinder pumping out 296hp and 295lb ft tq. At $71,200, would this be your pick over the BMW X3, Mercedes GLC, Audi Q5, Alfa Romeo Stelvio, Lexus UX, Lexus NX, or Jaguar E-Pace? Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thestraightpipes Become a YouTube Member! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86S... Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c... Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thestraightp... Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/thestraight... Twitter! https://twitter.com/StraightPipers Buy our merch at teespring.com/stores/thestraightpipes Check out Continental Tire at https://www.continentaltire.ca ------------------- #landrover #rangerover #evoque ------------------- Mostrar menos Mostrar mais

The Range Rover Evoque is One of the Best Luxury SUVs



[Music] I'm Jake on the aerial going for a drive 20/20 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque p300 our dynamic HSE with no launch control not bad after definitely not much right off the line I felt like it was a lot faster when I was just driving it and then it had already floor it it's actually a lot faster when you're regularly driving it not off the line but we'll get to that in a second horsepower and torque 296 horsepower 295 pound-feet of torque from a 2 liter four-cylinder turbo that's a good

power of that yeah so let's get to that now so as soon as I started driving this thing I noticed that this has the most appropriate amount of power for this type of vehicle yeah I notice the exact same thing yeah so when you're just cruising along in Drive and then you give it a little bit of power it's the right amount of torque and it's all like low-end torque which made me think that I was actually in a v6 at first I'm like oh damn this is a turbo for like this is really good but the problem

is this has a nine speed auto and it's very slow when you floor it so I'm gonna flow right now and then we're off man there's so much transmission lag these days I know so if you use the paddles it's a little bit slow as well so it's just kind of not the best transmission but this isn't a fast drivers car this is a kind of like soccer-mom car kind of it's a really good-looking car yeah and previously when we drove the old evoke I said it was the best-looking SUV I have si nce driven a ton of

other SUVs I don't think it's the best-looking anymore but I still think it looks really darn good yeah this refresh was needed and I think they nailed it like this looks really good for an SUV yeah and it looks like they kind of took some velar stuff as well they may be some Kia Soul stuff as well I think the Kia Soul - I know I know but quickly on the drive modes because there aren't many four on the road they're actually more for off the road so on our bott om screen yes there are probably

about three or four screens in this car but we'll get to that in a bit uhit vehicle and then you go through them the only two driving modes for the road are eco and comfort there is no sport mode in this and then we do have three different off-road modes which I'm sure the people of that buy this car really kind of enjoy but I'm gonna send it into cliche corner in comfort mode because that's the sportiest mode for on the road and it does handle pre tty well obviously there's a lot of body

roll because this is an SUV but it actually turns in quite well like shockingly well for what this is can feel some torque vectoring going on because the traction control and stuff kicks in but overall for what this is this type of SUV handles really well and so I did mention the multiple screens in here earlier let's talk about them starting with this one the mirror screen so if you flip this you actually have a camera just like Cadill ac is doing yeah and you can also adjust like if

it's up/down brightness and all that stuff it's kind of funny seeing the Settings icon in your mirror though yeah and the camera is up in the shark fin which is pretty jokes too but overall I find it really distracting and I figured out why it's because I don't know where my back end is there's no reference point so I have to flip it back and now I know where the back end on my car is so the main screen tilts up and it's whi te during the day black at night so it's easy to read because you made a

black during the day it would just be glares yes so there's actually no physical buttons at all to control this infotainment which is pretty wild and I don't like it and they're trying to future-proof themselves I don't really like it but let's dig into it it's got apple carplay Android auto and Android auto is actually widescreen this is the first time yes so Android auto widescreen does not exist here it's regu lar Android auto but it's on a wider screen yeah there's no stupid clock on

the right and I think it actually looks good but the thing is on your Android auto you can't pinch to zoom on Google Maps and I can't move my finger to move around I could get something to do with the display yeah it's one of those that you can't touch twice at once yeah but then we've also got rewinding satellite radios no tuned mix but it gets the job done and the infotainment is a little bit laggy which totally sucks because if you're trying to remove hard buttons don't make it laggy yeah but

everything landrover kind of lags right it does sake fortunately that's just the way it is jag and Land Rover lag infotainment yeah so let's talk about this bottom screen so then we've got kind of our climate and some other vehicle settings down there and then you can also change your radio from down there then we've got these two knobs so if you're on a screen you can use a hard knob to k ind of go through some finer tune settings so if I click my heated seats I then use the knob to see how much

heat I want to my seat or my massage yeah so it does have different levels of massage and then you'd like Yuri said you change them with this button but the thing that sucks the most and you typically complain about this stuff is that if you're running apple carplay or Android auto it's difficult to get out of it takes multiple button on the main screen but the savior is this b ottom screen so you can still change your radio stations in the bottom screen while running Android auto or whatever up

top yeah bay camera whine from there that's right and that's the best feature of all radios in the world and then we also have gloss black at the bottom these capacitive buttons which are terrible because they're already finger printing so yeah yeah but we do have a volume knob yeah thank you for that but the is the volume knob the shifter gets in the way of your ha nd like try yeah you gotta rest it on a we're dang it's such a pain yeah overall this does look impressive though like Jaguar Land

Rovers always look impressive yeah and everyone who gets inside is always impressed but usability is just not that good but also with the infotainment we do have our 360 camera and reverse camera but you can't get the 360 camera to show up at the same time as a reverse camera which kind of sucks less they are high-res then we've got automatic Parking and all that stuff that's set up through the infotainment and we also have one of the coolest features ever fitted to a vehicle in terms of cameras

clear sight ground view tell them what it is so pretty much takes your 360 camera and shows it in front of you so when you're driving it takes that last thing that was in front of you before you drove over it and displays it underneath you so you can see like where parking spot is or if you're parking over a handicap spot or over lids over li ds or boulders for off-roading yeah it's meant to be used off-road but you can definitely use it in the city and this is a really cool feature and how do

you like your gauge cluster gauge clusters typical of every jail our vehicle it's a little bit laggy it's super customizable but overall it works and then to control everything in your gauge cluster you got to use these crazy buttons on the steering wheel which are all touch buttons that have a click but they also change anytime y ou do anything yeah they're contextual depending on the menu you'll get used to it but it's a little bit weird but again it's very impressive and surprisingly enough I

did get used to it in like two minutes yeah you know if you have to like prepare for a test you just got to sit there think real hard concentrate that's what all these new cars feel like to me I'm like you're you can do this you know where the settings are you've done this before top row down left and we also have our heated steering wheel button on there and typical of Land Rover we have this metal ring on the inside so the back gets hot but the front is like ice cold I love it I hate it while

we're talking about the steering wheel it's so heavy to steer this like more than it should be for a car that's in comfort mode all time and we do have these plastic flimsy kind of paddles you're not gonna use the paddles in this car anyways but they're there unless you're off-roading or something yeah I'm old maybe and then we got it on the shifter too which is down for up up for down thank you very much and it's a normal shifter not some weird dial well it's like it's kind of a joystick

in today's modern society it's pretty normal as normal and this does have Lane keep assist but it's just like ping-pong it's just kind of bounces you between the lanes yeah it's Lane Departure but it's called Lane keep assist in the settings yes but if it keeps you in the lane by stopping you fr om departing it is technically laying keep we're just we have a higher stand our standard four lane keep is Lane centering yes yes which this does not do so we'll talk about the looks and the rest of this

interior when you drive but first visor test three two one ah fail alright time for the box test box test two three four five six seven [Music] pretty respectable for the weird shape of this compact crossover but it is a sexy crossover so let's talk about the looks with you in the dr iver's seat I gotta say sexy ready oh I'm ready that sucks quite a lot of lag offline okay looks-wise love it the most evoke part of it is that the top is a different color than the rest of the body yeah the overall

side profile is actually like an exciting shape in today's boring bland every SUV looks the same I think the thing that makes the Evoque look so cool is that it's like short and stubby like a little ball yeah it's like a squished Range Rover and then it's got these huge f an der flares and it's got that cool thing where the hood goes over the fenders I I really like it I really like how this looks too the headlights are really aggressive yeah I think they've thinned them out a bit since the last

one we drove they have they kind of squished them a little bit more and then the taillights look very velar to me I love the taillights they're like 3d yeah it feels like you're going through Tron or something it's kind of like a budget version of the LC 500 t ail lights because those are like super nice not that we've driven an LC 500 yet no I only know how it looks and then in the front we got a whole bunch of grilles what I think is funny is that little grill above the license plate oh the

one that looks like a Durango SRT grill yeah yeah it looked that like kind of weird yeah I don't mind it then we got a lot of gloss black plastic that kind of comes around the bottom at the front which looks almost like a fake skid plate and same a t the back which kind of looks like a diaper yeah it's kind of part of the our dynamic package I think it does look really nice yeah and as is typical of most Range Rovers the wheels are just oversized and it looks so good yes and what is the

Continental recommended tire for the Evoque the extreme contact DWS o6 and the Viking contact seven and this thing would be probably good and winter because it is all wheel drive that's right so the same amount of send every single time but I guess every Land Rover Range Rover is kind of all-wheel drive yeah they are that's typical yeah and they're also like all the new Range Rovers we got handles that pop in and out which are so fancy and then it also says Range Rover on the hood which is very

cool yeah I love that about Range Rover News know what I saw on the road some guy wrote rogue on his rogue on the hood really yeah Wow yeah he had like chrome letters but he actually did it yeah it's like to tell you right i t has that too but the taillights bigger yeah wrote I know come on yeah you know what should have it the Kia Soul so SUV looks wise one of the best-looking SUV still yeah for sure or at least one of the most interesting looking SUV still most interesting and just most well

put-together yeah but it's gotten a lot lower on my list since like the earth the Alpha yeah track hawk it's true well track Hawk is bigger but yeah I totally agree looks better I know in the venue good one so no w let's move on to the general interior how cool is this eggplant color this eggplant color is lovely everything is leather wrapped everything feels premium to the touch I love everything about the looks of this interior I love how they split the top black in the bottom eggplant and I

think the gloss black looks nice too I'm not the one who ate gloss black yeah I am someone who hates it yeah so that's gonna get fingerprint to you this one's already a little bit scratched so you're definitely gonna have to pay someone to clean it and polish out the swirls at some point so then we've also got eggplant armrests which are split open which is nice then we got our cables for our cell phone and stuff then we've got our cupholders and they are 2 different sizes the one on the left

that that's a pass that's the pass the one on the right is also a pass the grips are too tight on them but say we want to put our cell phone somewhere we've got this extra little lid that we can slap over that and it's rubberized so our cell phone will slip but it is cool now get rid of this so I could drink my coffee the driving position is great to my elbow does touch the armrest and touch the steering wheel just fine and you sit relatively low at least the dash is like kind of big in front of

the driver and then we got a head-up display which is very easy to read and able to adjust from the gauge cluster so we've got heated seats and massage seats in here how are th e massage seats the massage seats are pretty good it's like a bunch of little lumbar things in your back yeah same massage seats 5 times really fast massage these massage seats massage seats massage seats massage seats hell did massage seats massage yeah I got a trip up if I say it alright now let's talk about the rear

seat room there's actually quite a bit only because of the scoop in the front seats so I can actually fit comfortably back there how's your head room head room was fantastic in here you're like having a big moonroof or in front of you in the back seat I do it's actually really impressive so let's get into the price it starts at sixty one thousand five hundred dollars for the our dynamic HSE which is the top trim Canadian and this one is optioned out to seventy one thousand two hundred dollars so

what's the competition for this that puts it in line with the Mercedes GLC 300 the BMW x3 the Audi q5 the Lexus UX which we haven't driven the Lexus NX which we have drew and jail are zoned Jaguar a pace yeah I think this kind of wins but I do really like the x3 like I like BMWs control system same here I really like the bmw x3 and styling wise this beats that but overall function and kind of like how it feels put together I think they're kind of tied for me I think if you bought this instead of

an x3 more people would be impressed and they would treat you with more respect yeah and we have had some issues with Jaguars and Land Rover s in the past with the infotainment systems nothing with this one so I'm happy to report that but how about the XC 40 the xt 40 looks kind of cool but i think i prefer everything about this I don't think the XC 40 looks cool enough the orange interior is so awesome but would you really take an orange interior over this no I wouldn't like this looks so nice

would you take a gimmick over class no I'm not that type of person so let us know what you guys think of the updated evoke would

0 resposta a "The Range Rover Evoque is One of the Best Luxury SUVs"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel