2021 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Review - Does it Need a Mid-Engine?

2021 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Review - Does it Need a Mid-Eng

2021 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Review - Does it Need a Mid-Engine?


593.679 visualizações • 30 de ago. de 2021 • We go for a drive in the 2021 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thestraightpipes Become a YouTube Member! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86S... Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c... Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thestraightp... Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/thestraight... Twitter! https://twitter.com/StraightPipers Buy our shirts! Profits go directly to burnouts: teespring.com/stores/thestraightpipes Check out Continental Tire at https://www.continentaltire.ca ------------------- #corvette #z06 #corvettez06 ------------------- Mostrar menos Mostrar mais

2021 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Review - Does it Need a Mid-Engine?



[Music] I'm Jacob URI I'll go for a drive what do you need Chevrolet Corvette zo6 without official launch control ready [Applause] [Music] so that lodge did nothing no wheel spin for days so this thing is obviously ridiculously fast and loud okay this one's supercharged what's the horsepower and torque six hundred and fifty horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque from a 6.2 liter supercharged v8 and the difference with this compared to the Hellcat this doesn't go we know you can't hear the

supercharger pretty much at all so this is obviously the last of the front engine Corvettes yeah so we want to find out what this feels like compared to the new mid-engine one coming out and if that's really necessary and since they're switching over to mid-engine like a bunch of supercars we should probably try the supercar checklist on this yea just to make sure that this one is actually super car and maybe the next one will be a supercar okay is it fast yeah [Music] and I guess th at also

answered if it's loud yeah it's very loud one more time [Music] I'm scary you're scaring me back in the car Samia break in the car all fat it's not freeing why would I remember that for this anyways does it get a lot of attention yes this is bright yellow yeah the best color for a Corvette it's also really loud like we just said do the doors go up they do not fail but do you look cool getting in and out of it not really I'd say medium I'm gonna give that a fail I say medi um we need standards

Yuri doors that go up you look cool can you fit a box in it let's find out two boxes CF Drive cones lid on nemesis Autosports box kept ski Pops's lid on six set toronto's box and Emmitt's lid supercar fail supercar fail yeah total fail because we fit two boxes does it pass the visor test oh let's find out oh God ready three two one oh wow oh that's a fail supercar fail and a half does it fit a cup of coffee such a fail like a glove and does it have a gimmicky steering wheel kind of it has

yellow paddles I don't think I've ever seen color-matched paddles on a car yet and we haven't addressed the main issue if this was a manual which it's not it would actually still have paddles so yes this is definitely a gimmicky steering wheel and then should we add is the engine in the right spot to the test or can we have front engine supercars I think we can have front engine supercars okay so however I think this is a fail all right this is not a supercar I think so too this is a damn good

car just not a supercar now I'm not quite there all right so now can you explain to me why you're wearing cutoff jeans well because I'm a Corvette guy that way your Corvette shirts tucked into your jeans yeah yeah I guess I'm kind of always a Corvette guy I got my Hawaiian shirt my fanny pack my ball cap my white shoes I think I'm a little bit more Corvette guy today than you are yeah cuz I don't have tall socks that's the that's the le ast Corvette thing I am think Prowler guys are kind of also

core bad guys kind of yeah like ass idols but the Corvette guys don't want to be like Prowler guys because they're like oh I'm faster than you guys but the Prowler guys are cooler looking but they all listen to the same 50s music and they all sit behind their car in their lawn chairs just with their signs and plaques about their cars and stuff so kind of the same crowd yeah it's as no.66 figures nice so what do you want to g et into now you know what I want to get into okay so this is super fast

does that mean exhaust or power everything okay it's stupid fast absolutely insane so out of curiosity I looked up the power-to-weight ratio for this versus the Hellcat red eye and it's pretty much the same thing but this feels so different this feels like you're going to die at any moment yeah like the hell can't kind of feels like that but it has so much extra weight that it also doesn't feel like you're gonna die all the time and I think partly because the transmission is so amazing in the

Hellcat yeah glad to dress that right off the bat red eye at least okay so start with transmission so this is an automatic 8-speed it is not a ZF it sucks just straight up it sucks I don't think it knows what it's doing that could there's no communication between the transmission the ESC and the engine exactly so this transmission almost totally ruins this car for me however you can get this in manual so we've driven in manuals that were 6 Corvette on the track at Ron fellows driving school at

Canadian Tire Motorsport Park and it was amazing it was straight-up amazing like I was scared the whole time and then he took us for hot laps and we went so much faster so like the grip levels didn't make any sense in my head yeah like we thought we were at the limits of the car already and then he took us for a couple of laps and we were like way past any limit I thought was possible but then we did notice we still had paddles but the paddles were for turning on and off auto rev-matching

exactly so if you do get the manual which you definitely should you still have paddles yeah it was a it was weird but anyways that car handled incredibly well at Mosport however it was kind of deadly feeling a 911 gives you so much confidence you could just push that thing non-stop this I feel like I'm gonna die it at any second yeah and I like that I mean I like it but I would like to like dial into it maybe start at a base Corvette yeah like to work up to this arrow six and then maybe this at

our one oh my god yeah cuz by the way there still is that our one above this with 755 horsepower so that one would technically require a sweep on cliche corner that one would this one does not although I kind of want to sweep it but I think I'm willing an honorary sweep yeah how scared we are alright I guess but you get any enjoyment out of using the paddles some bu t only pretty much on down shifts I got pretty used to it like you click the button and you gotta wait and then it's in here and

it's like a long click but you don't actually have to click it all the way if you just click just enough it'll still shift look you still have to wait though I love now now get a little hat click now I know you just love the way it knows that out know exactly there's so much lag like this does feel like it came out in 2013-14 because that's when this gen eration started but it's kind of cool that they're forcing it into a manual especially considering the c8 mid-engine Corvette does not have a

manual option and it's not gonna get one very true this is gonna hold its value I think in manual and so let's send it into cliche corner very carefully because honestly this is straight-up insane here we go you can't put your foot down 100% like you just can't so that's full traction on and in track mode exactly and we do have so many differ ent traction control modes yes so what you do is if you click traction once I think it just turns off normal traction going forward or defaults to wet but

if you click it twice nice and slowly then you get your modes wet dry sport 1 sport 2 and race yeah so I would never dare to put this thing in race I don't even want to turn it off this is insane all the tracks sure but not here and then I think if you hold it and then hold it again then you probably turn everything off yeah and I feel like you would be a real off yeah like not like a Mercedes off we haven't had a chance to mess with all the traction controls in the Corvette because we need like

a private track a ton of tires to just burn through everything and see how it drifts yeah exactly like we can't test this on public roads this is a basically race car like I did saying that this is a race car but it really is but I would just like to point out that if you're driving and track with traction control on y our Nautilus you're just you're just being normal that's still scary as it is yeah I get it spending six figures on a car and then turning everything off and pretty much not having

insurance on a racetrack like that's a bit psychotic but let's talk about the suspension so it is adaptive we have GM's magnetic ride control and honestly in track it's still daily aboard this thing's very doable that's what I'm most shocked and like the least a liberal part is how much power they give you yes exactly that and honestly the seats for me the seats are kind of uncomfortable they've probably really good on a race track exactly i guess- race track you think you have enough Headroom

in here with a helmet oh for sure and if I didn't take the top off so it's a target op that's pretty cool and here's how you put it away and it is all carbon fiber it was a little bit difficult to do but not that bad for one person I like how there's a dedicated spot for it to like not move arou nd you know how old convertibles would have like a glass bag and then you had to strap it to the corners yeah and the c8 will also have a removable roof because that's become a Corvette staple we're back

to handling quickly pretty much no body roll feels dead flat yeah but it also feels like it's always gonna spin out on you yes I always feel like I'm gonna die and for those of you don't know this is rear-wheel drive is not all-wheel drive yeah we got fat tires up in the back 335 the y're huge and then what is that Continental recommend a tire for the 0-6 Corvette the extreme contact sport and the steering feels great it almost feels hydraulic I know it's not but it's got the right amount of

weight to it and it also changes between all the drive modes oh yeah that's absolutely perfect and it's so snappy it is it really is and seeing that big hood in front of you it's like you're steering a boat or something yeah and the fenders like I love seeing everything i n front of me as much as I want to keep driving this and hammering the throttle I'm gonna let you drive down yeah there's a lot of crazy stuff we want to talk about yeah like the exhaust so I'm gonna make sure it's on track by

going to the engine sound management and I'm gonna punch it go for it that sounds so good you're really hearing at the top end and it sounds violent like straight-up violent it's very menacing but the problem is you can't really hear that in the first 10 to 20 percent after that when you floor it you go past 50 that's when you hear it but there's pretty much no room to use that ever almost but what I think is really cool is there's a stealth exhaust mode so if we click that it pretty much goes

silent yeah that's pretty crazy so I'm gonna I'm gonna go fast Florida if you Florida it kicks in yeah there you go but if you don't floor it you can go pretty quick and just and what I think is really cool is you can actually hear the supercharger in stealth mode from in the car let's actually kid ready it's so faint but it's there all right back to Otto do you think this exhaust sound is better than the Hellcats the exhaust sound yes yes overall no the supercharger exactly totally agree so I'm

gonna give an honorary sent through cliche corner in the Vette before we talk about all the infotainment and other fun stuff which traction are you gonna use let's go traction one okay that's the one I used and coming through the corner just a little bit of throttle because I'm scared yeah you can't put your foot down all the way you know how in video games your floor and you spin out when you turn everything off just so unrealistic yeah and then you gotta press Start we start it's cuz

they're basing it off how Corvettes drive exactly this is gonna start restart here yeah if you floor it on a turn you spin this is what a simulator is meant to simulate that's true and in video games you can replay your laps so this has an SD card slot so you can record your laps and stuff from your performance data recorder yeah it's actually super cool so here's a little clip of cliche corner so the way it works is you can choose a couple different modes for overlays no overlay sport track and

performance timing so it'll display different things no overlay obviously nothing sport and track have more gauges than performance timing will record your 0 to 100 0 to 200 and all that kind of fun stuff that's a really cool feature in the McLaren 720's that we drove had something similar but we weren't able to test it yeah and GM has had that in Cadillacs for a while not many other companies have that that's one of the few things that GM did right forever ago and nobody caught up and how's

the resolution on that Oh garbage but like you get it you know what I mean words you have it this isn't to like you know using an episode of Top Gear this is just for you to know so you can become fas ter and you can replay it in the car while you're stopped so you can learn stuff right away and on that resolution point we should probably talk about the reverse camera and the front camera and the side cameras yes so uh the front camera like airs out with like black stuff yeah so the first day I

had this had already broke on me and then when I put it into reverse it went to the blue screen of death then I reset it and then the front kind of fixed itself but then went back to that like I don't really know what they're doing so the right half of the cameras just don't work right now yeah so though you've got two cameras in two bumpers up front but your screen recording goes off the camera up yeah so that's the work so that's yeah it's really nice though cuz you can see the fenders and

everything yeah but the funniest thing about the recorder is you have to use an old crappy SD card like a class 2 or so yeah yeah or you use something like fast and new it's li ke not read yeah put an SD card in there and this does have android auto and apple carplay which are this infotainment most redeeming features which totally saves it and it's now usable yeah because the touchscreen is actually hard to use it's like old-school touchscreen where you gotta like I think it's resistive where

every screen in the last like five ten years has been capacitive well this is the only screen that I've used that has a calibrate screen option like you know when y ou're at the airport and you click and the busses like down at the bottom left you're like yeah yeah we're on the airplane airplanes the old Boeing's and stuff so on your Google Maps can you pinch to zoom yes you can you just it's really difficult I swear I could before but I guess I lied about that and you can't and then we have

these hard buttons down here this menu knob which I keep turning every time I go to my favorites hill accident luxury car it's a scroll wheel you know a ctually this is changing presets now okay it's a lot of weird stuff it is but a lot of hard buttons probably pretty easy to use for someone who's a little older yeah we got heated and cooled seats hard buttons for climate it's actually pretty usable and then we've also got the screen that's also a hidden compartment yeah so if you want to hide

your stuff back there your blue pills and make this joke we're recycling joke and below that we've got our badge that tells us how much powe r we have in our 650 horsepower 650 torque I like that I like that a lot too it makes your life a lot easier when you got exactly so now to the gauges we've got a digital display in the middle and we've got an analogue speed on the Left which no one's going to use and then we've got analog gas and supercharger pressure on the right yeah I love seeing the

analog gauges however the digital ones are kind of laggy and kind of annoying but also cool and I kind of respect what they trie d to do with them okay so when you start the car if you rev it the tach doesn't move it doesn't load up quick enough [Music] yeah and this car also doesn't really let you rev out and park or anything like that yeah which kind of sucks like I feel like that's the most Corvette thing to do exactly and then when you switch the modes using this very easy mode selector with

the traction control built into the middle I love it it's actually kind of laggy between modes - yes it is like come on but you can get a lot of cool stats by going down on the steering wheel button and then we also have a head-up display if you want to look at it just above your gigantic hood but the head-up display totally redeems everything weird with the gauges and is better than every other car because it's got hard buttons turn up my brightness there it is I can move it up or down and if I

click info I can change what's in the middle and then I've also got my amazing shift lights so if I put it into manual make sure it's in track click down on the paddles when I floor it I'll get the little bubbles that show up and I know when to ship and we got tons of carbon fiber in here looks amazing yeah like almost too much carbon fiber but also a lot of Alcantara and I love the yellow stitching too much carbon fiber URI I'm not a carbon fiber guy excuse me I just know it's not my fix excuse

me I love carbon fiber I know it's not like if not my thing I prefer yellow plastic all alon g the gauge cluster you know what I mean yeah yeah Prowler we got yellow stitching everywhere we got Alcantara we got nice leather this is actually really nice interior yeah even this like brushed aluminum stuff is really nice there's a bit of cheapness here and there are some hard plastics but they're improving that in the seeing and Corvettes aren't really that expensive so it's very forgivable you're

really buying this for the engine and performance okay and then the steering whe el feels amazing in my hands it's flat bottom and the seats are super well bolstered the seats are overall comfortable but just not for long trips and you've got very easy adjustments on the side we've got a square start/stop button which is super weird yeah I actually hit the radio on button to start this car once and it didn't work overall what you think it's a tear it's actually pretty high quality I think

the driving position is great and the driver's seat is the one that you want to be in because this is super cramped on this side because it's geared for the drivers I guess let's end it off with the looks before we get to the price okay it looks crazy I love it it's a Corvette it's still a Corvette it's been out for years I love it my wife was like you have this car you need to take me for a drive and I'm like you care about a Corvette of all the cars I've brought it's a bright yellow car that

look I crazy just don't expect it no I took my wife for a ride she loved it too like it still has this character that people like so let's start with the front the hood is huge and we got a bunch of slots in it and it opens reverse style obviously because it's a Corvette headlights are cool LEDs how about the wheels the wheels are amazing they look so good they fit the car so well do you like chrome wheels more on a Corvette well as the Corvette owner you're dressed like you want some chrome

wheel I would love some chrome ease on this but no I think these ones as a non Corvette owner look way better so now let's get to the backend and talk about the coolest part that spoiler the back end is my favorite part because of that spoiler and because of the quad exhaust I think like the spoiler is only a higher on the side so you could see better out the back window farley it has to be but like I said my favorite part has to be the four exhaust tips that you know but if that's crazy the

funniest part is two on the outs ide have the most like Sun on it yeah cuz those are the ones that most of the exhaust goes through yeah but I love the quad exhaust the only thing I don't love as you can see the muffler right through it yeah they should have just painted that black I get it I really like how the taillights were circle on the c6 Corvette I don't like these as much and I really don't like how they look on the CA Corvette yeah they had to go to these because the circles would date

the car yeah these s uit this car but the CA Corvette it looks too much like a new Camaro for the taillights for me yeah I could see that from the backend and I guess that's pretty much it for the looks we love the c7 Corvette right absolutely price lots of money obviously good starts at 93 thousand seven hundred and ninety five dollars Canadian this one with a bunch of carbon fiber a bunch of options is one hundred and twenty four thousand three hundred dollars that's pretty good for the amount

of speed you get in general it is but that's a lot of money and I think if you get the 0-6 as the base that's the best value you can get just don't get a bunch of carbon fiber exactly unfortunately as much as I love carbon fiber it's just so expensive so you'd obviously get this in a manual yes absolutely okay would you get a 0-6 Corvette automatic or a Hellcat redeye okay redeye automatic automatic hellcat redeye or a manual Corvette zo6 I would have to think about it I'd go manual Corvette zo6
I might as well and then how about the 0-6 in manual versus the wide-body Hellcat manual that we drove earlier this year I still think I would have to go with the Corvette because I would want to take this to the track I think so too I think I'd want to be hardcore I love that Hellcat and if I wasn't going to the track I would 100% take the Hellcat it is just something about a Corvette you know what I mean well I just this is such a performance car that it would be insane on the track and yo u

actually have to know how to drive this there's no one like nany's if you turn them off yeah you have to learn how to drive this car at its limit and that would be so much fun having this car as your own car forces you to become a better driver and that's kind of where I want to be in my life exactly now here begs my question is this or the Grand Sport so tell me about the Grand Sport the Grand Sport is basically all the cool bits of this - the engine and you save a lot of money so you don't go

as fast but you still have all the performance exactly like all the suspension and all the good stuff this car might be a little too much car for me it's a lot of car for a lot of people and the Grand Sport might be a better option for what where I am right now if money is an object not no object because obviously money is money and it's difficult to get for everybody I would go with the Grand Sport I think it's the better value you're gonna learn a lot you're gonna k ind of look like a 0-6

anyways so let us know Grand Sport Hellcat redeye manual auto leave a comment subscribe notification bell patreon YouTube membership teespring in a Corvette shirt Inglês ine?

0 resposta a "2021 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Review - Does it Need a Mid-Engine?"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel