2021 Audi Q8 Review - Smooth and Relaxing

2021 Audi Q8 Review - Smooth and Relaxing

2021 Audi Q8 Review - Smooth and Relaxing


1.079.120 visualizações • 6 de set. de 2021 • We go for a drive in the 2021 Audi Q8 Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thestraightpipes Become a YouTube Member! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86S... Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c... Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thestraightp... Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/thestraight... Twitter! https://twitter.com/StraightPipers Buy our shirts! Profits go directly to burnouts: teespring.com/stores/thestraightpipes Check out Continental Tire at https://www.continentaltire.ca ------------------- #audi #q8 #audiq8 ------------------- Mostrar menos Mostrar mais

2021 Audi Q8 Review - Smooth and Relaxing



[Music] I'm Yuri I'm Jacob what we're drive [Music] 20:19 out eq8 Quattro Technic so this is a nice luxury SUV let's start with the horsepower and torque 335 horsepower 369 pound-feet of torque from a three liter v6 turbo and this is the exact same engine that we've had in the Audi a7 earlier this year so I have enjoyed myself in that and I am enjoying myself in here I'm going to gently floor it and see how the power is please do not the fastest but smooth and relaxing exactly it's

completely adequate for what it is you want more but you don't need more so let's start with the looks and this is actually a slant back SUV which I didn't really think it was yeah it's so subtle I barely noticed so I noticed it but I think it looks pretty good for what it is let's start with the front the front is very OD and it kind of looks like the new future of Audi to me it looks like a pug I could see that I saw car wow did a thing where he put the dental dam in his mouth and start on oh

yeah that's probably more accurate I guess you could do that yeah his wasn't white what do you think of the way the body lines come into the bumper kind of like the new SS Camaro that everybody hates I didn't notice that at all the little white parts come in kind of like the SS Camaro the little parts come in in front of the black grille I don't think it's reminiscent of that at all okay well I'll post the picture and leave a comment below I kind of liked it but what I li ked the most about

the front end is the headlights yeah the headlights are great this is the new Audi stop just like on the a7 where we got the lines so it looks old-school Audi but it's new school with like way wicked LEDs everyone's gonna copy this soon probably and then when you lock it and when you unlock it it does a bunch of cool light dances all of the dances yeah that's good and then if we move to the side view it's pretty tame pretty robotic I guess they're not a too mu ch character I mean out he is kind

of robotic looking company and kind of operating company yeah just like just crispness and sharpness not too much character yeah exactly like everything is exactly kind of where you want what you need not much more than that until you get into the RRS stuff but then the stance of this is perfect like it's it's so low this does have air suspension and yeah when it's parked you can actually put it in its lowest mode and it looks great what do you thi nk of these wheels I like them not my favorite

but they work what is the Continental recommended tire the gentle premium contact six do you think this will look better with some chrome side steps absolutely not like on another car that we recently just drove and we have today so here is that and then if I look in my rearview mirror I do have a nice big chunky rear fender sticking out which is nice what do you think about the back end I actually love the taillights I love the way it comes across it's kind of like the Durango but much more

expensive and classy I also really like the taillights kind of like the headlights they work really well and we have sequential turn signals yeah but I guess you can only have the line that goes all the way across when you're full headlights are on which kind of sucks I kind of just want full lines across all the time and I would like to talk about the exhaust what exhaust exactly so this has a fake exhaust come on out II bu t it's all black I know this isn't a fast car so it didn't bother me

like I didn't even really notice it if this didn't have the blackout package I think you would notice a lot more but just do it like the a7 style where you don't have any fake exhaust is just under the bumper yeah but it might be easier to do that on an a7 because there's not as much real estate you have to work with you'll figure it out straight exhaust through the bumper but the rear end looks pretty good overa ll yeah it does like for the slant on it like it's very coupie but not overly coupie

yeah overall I think this is still a really good looking car I don't know if the rear 3/4 is my favorite view but I do like it but how about the trunk space trunk space is great and let's find out with the box test six seven eight nine and our newest box test guy nemesis Autosport 10 get your own box on patreon.com slash the straight pipes that wasn't as good as I expected but there are LEDs in the tr unk just like your Ford Raptor oh yeah shadow chrisfix he fixed up my Raptor and then the cup of

coffee test oh you got Starbucks today yeah I've been doing a lot of media lately I think I'm extra tired and I need more caffeine I noticed that both of us have been doing like mediums and stuff lately so small cups are dead to me yeah and now the visor test right three two one yeah great job all the way to the edge that's how you do it so before I get you in the driver's seat I want to t alk about some of the tech because I was driving around and a fantastic time with the lane keep assist I

love the a7 inside and I love this inside okay so for a lane keep it only works when you've got the full cruise on it doesn't have any like Lane Departure warnings or anything I noticed there was a setting for vibrate but I couldn't get it to vibrate but it is Lane centering yes but I did notice that sometimes it caught up the cars a little too quickly and stop and go so you re ally need to increase your distance when you're in tight traffic but there's even settings if you click this Audi style

safety halo we can click our individual and it does outtie presense and if we click the Settings button we have a whole bunch of adaptive cruise settings as well like we've got our driving program moderate standard of sport and we've got predictive control which i think is very cool yeah it actually lets you have adjustment to curves along route which is pretty cool and I've got it set to fast so it's more predictive for like on ramps and off ramps which is amazing it's nice that that's actually

customizable then we've got great blind spot monitoring which shows up you can even change the brightness of the blind spot monitoring that's crazy the parking sensors and stuff are good it does have a 360 camera which is very high-rez but my beef with it is the stitching is into the best like it moves around a lot so when you're trying to get close to o bjects it's not very accurate and I have no issues with that but what I don't also have wished you see is apple carplay and android auto ok the

auto works flawlessly shut out Android auto but you have an issue with apple carplay well kind of so this has plugin apple carplay and it also has wireless apple carplay apple recently hooked me up with a new iphone which is super sick so oh isn't that nice yeah shout out so it's got wireless charging so I can put it in the wireless tray and it connects automatically so I actually usually don't need a cable and I'm running apple carplay but it has acted up on me a whole bunch of times which kind

of sucks but then I just plug it in and I'm wired yo Google send me the new pixel for when that comes out but what I really want to mention about the wireless apple carplay and the wireless charging all in one package now I don't think any Android phones do that right they don't do or no factory head units yeah ok the thing I love about it is if you have a hard time like staying away from your phone while driving it is so good to keep it from being distracted it's under this armrest it stays out

of the way you have no need to ever get it and like you can even forget it in your car when you leave but it has a warning that says you left your phone in there when you get out that's dude I'm new to that right yeah I've had it because Volkswagen group usually does that yeah yeah and I just have an upgrade in my iPho ne until forever so I never bothered using the wireless charging before and the last thing I want to talk about is the gauges and the head-up display so the head-up display is very

easy to read doesn't get in the way like seven BMWs do and then you get all your Lane keep assist and stuff in there as well which is super easy to see and the gauges are crystal clear there's no lag whatsoever love them yeah and there's also a reduced display option down here which makes nothing in the mid dle I have a feeling you are not happy with it because it doesn't reduce it enough No so really I am happy with it like if I go to reduce display by the way this whole vehicle settings thing

no lag and stuff is moving so fast I think I think that's unreal yeah so if I go to reduce display see that's fine I thought you'd be rattled by the stuff at the bottom no you know what I guess it's so out of the way it doesn't really bother me but what does bother me is like you click view you can make it smaller you can make it bigger you can have your maps in the middle because it's got like the Google Maps tile satellite view stuff but it's not really Google Maps traffic it looks

awesome though but you can't put the gauge in the middle like the older Audi's could because they're saving that for RS models only or as models I think yeah so there's no center attack in this one yeah but ok another really cool graphic design thing I love about the gauges so you se e the tach how there's the red needle on either side it's even but when you start flooring it the left side turns the lighter so you can see where it is oh that's cool you see you see how it lights up and then it's

gonna go away that's attention to detail and it makes it so much easier to see where you are because your eyes don't have to follow as many things it guides you in the right direction that's cool yeah it's my inner graphic designer speaking yeah I see that okay all right and I guess with that stuff it's your turn to drive yes please so how easy was it for you to get into this seating position extremely easy have you noticed how low the floors are yeah yeah it's great it makes it like we're I

guess older people it would be so easy to get in and out and the door is also frameless which is definitely a luxury feature yeah like the CLS has that as well and what else is a luxury feature this driving position I love it these seats are so friggin comfort able for what this is because this is not a high horsepower SUV I see everything I'm nice and high I love it but I'm not too high I'm not feeling like I'm on top of it I guess if this was a fast as you've you'd have to be an S that's right

or an RS q8 or a Lamborghini horas he said it so let's talk about these drive modes quickly we have a bunch of them we have off-road all Road Comfort Auto and dynamic and also individual so I'm gonna put in dynamic and send it into cliche corner al l day it's gonna do much it's gonna be pretty comfortable I'm gonna tell you that much and it is exactly what I said it's so comfortable it doesn't send that well but for an SUV of this size it's just completely great to drive in comfort mode it's

honestly not that great to drive in dynamic I feel like if a regular car companies SUV handled this well it would be extraordinary but for this it's just expected like if a Hyundai SUV handled like this people would be like oh my god th at's crazy oh yeah it's great for what it is I just don't feel like driving this in dynamic it's just not one of those SUVs because it's so comfortable this air suspension is unreal I just love how quiet it is in here it's like silent exactly so that's what I

loved about the a7 and this is basically kind of like this a7 but in an SUV form and I absolutely loved everything about that in terms of driving it's not the fastest but it doesn't need to be it's got plenty of torque I jus t love driving this for its comfort the air suspension absorbs all the bumps like there's no issues with any of this drivetrain and driving this I love it it's very relaxing exactly it's relaxing but not flashy however very good looking exactly I think that's like the

trade-off of Italy you're not buying this for other people to be like who is that like a cool badger it's like I want my cool Audi it's gonna be comfortable everything's fine and it works great yeah nothing's ove r the top in any direction it's just right down the middle great and this does have an 8-speed auto it shifts relatively quickly but not that quickly it doesn't really need to shift any faster because of this engine you know it's talks about the transmission though what's that up for up

down for down oh yeah I guess that you'll ever use it no you got paddles you got you got your tiny little plastic we don't like Audi paddles that's right but this isn't one of those SUVs that I would shift myself I just leave this in drive or just put in s mode so shifts a little bit faster yeah but but when they make the sq8 it's still gonna be the same it's probably gonna hang on how metal paddles and this does have ideas legendary Quattro all-wheel drive so in the winter you'll probably have

zero issues as expected and one other thing that I always loved about outies and how they handle and how they feel the steering feels great there's nothing weird about it like some of the BMW M Performance models the steering just feels just right yeah I haven't even thought about it once which means they did it right that's exactly it and then the steering wheel itself it's nice and thin not like the crazy thick BMW steering wheels if you're into that so this is really nice does the extending

armrest make a nice for your driving position the driving position is great yeah so let's dabble with the piano black interior ok absolutely don't like the piano black but it l ooks really fancy I just don't like it it's everywhere it's disgust I think it's nice especially at night the way the lights bounce off it the interior ambient lighting and this is something that they did write that BMW absolutely blows it on every time it's just a little bit below Mercedes I would say it's equal to them

but on a chiller level ok so we've got the same kind of lines like BMW stuff but these are a little brighter and then you can customize every color so we have like a red moon style and all that stuff but then you can customize the colors and it shines so nice and we also have which you didn't mention earlier a volume knob and a tuning button well it's like tuned it's like left and right yeah but at least they're they made the effort to make both ok since I forgot some infotainment stuff I want

to mention a favorite thing that I forgot about when you're using the infotainment screen you can rest your arm on the shifter do it perfectly and touch everything yes that's right level that's what I loved about the a7 it's all here and stinger yeah exactly no this is better because this has more screens on the screens work better and then this also has haptic feedback that we turned off right away a lot of people don't know you can I suggest turning it off because it's so much more

enjoyable and easy to use without that on and these seats are so comfortable I absolutely love them the padding is unreal this on a roadtrip would be fantastic and we have a massage seat as well and it's so easy to use you just click the square button in the middle of the seat controls and it pops right up here and position do exactly you want you can control from the screen it's not confusing like that Volvo we had exactly the massages are great in this and then behind us there's actually tons

of room I fit behind myself at 6 foot one and a half which is shocking and the seats go forward and back and they lean it's very nice and if we looked between the two fake exhausts this actually has a tow package so this can tow up to seventy seven hundred pounds which is very respectable and I recently bought a jet ski so my Raptor can tow much less than that but I'm enjoying towing my jet ski with my Raptor I just wanted to say that it's cool so as for interior materials everything is very

luxury in here you obviously at the piano black but what I love is this long vent that goes right across it does loo k really fancy like there's nothing here going on but it looks kind of like future or like classic space or something I don't know well the way they blended it all in just works really well and then we've got a cool wood material which looks really nice I think it's a good attack at the way BMW and Mercedes does their wood yeah yeah I agree oh and then two more things about

the infotainment you know we've got this little shortcut button here yes you know what sucks is that you can't set up this to be like your Sirius satellite radio favourites yeah you can no you can set up your favorites but you can't set it up to go to your Sirius favorites oh because if you click just satellite radio then you have to scroll through everything yeah I would just have one favorite which is XM 44 yeah yeah so if you have more than that and what's cool is they put the garage door

opener button right here no interesting honestly that's probably the best feature think abou t not having a garage door clip think about that though you know I guess yeah I mean we have one I mean that it is a little annoying but it's not that annoying because don't you ever worry about putting on your Sun Visor but then like what if you need to open the Sun Visor and the windows open are you afraid it's gonna the clips gonna come off no that's never you've never feared I've never had that fear

in my life oh I have many times let us know if you guys have had that fear in th e comments rate up nightmares okay so I guess we should get to the price of the Audi q8 so the technic starts at eighty eight thousand eight hundred dollars Canadian and this one with twenty thousand dollars in options is one hundred and ten thousand three hundred and thirty dollars how do you feel about that I think that's a reasonable price for what this is I think it's like right down the middle fair I think this

is the most relaxing SUV that you could buy for this price for me pr obably cuz like if it was in Mercedes that they'd probably throw in some crackles and possible like nothing here exactly everything is just right I don't feel the need I don't feel the need for speed at all I haven't needed to do anything crazy like I just want to drive this I just want to relax it's so quiet like that above this so let's talk about some competition I guess it would be the Porsche Cayenne coupe a kind of like

the base when we drove the white one yeah pretty much bu t the coupe a version because this is kind of a coupe a I think I would take this I think so too I don't like the Cayenne coupe a but I think it might even look better than this I think better but I think inside wise everything is more intuitive more easy to use I think this is the most intuitive of all the luxury manufacturers yeah because doesn't have a scroll knob it's like people can get in click a button figure it out pretty

easily then there's the Range Rovers as well yeah I think I like this more than the Range Rover but I think other people are more impressed by you driving a Range Rover than driving an Audi and then obviously the BMW x6 I think I like this way more I hate the new BMW X style bodies there you go I think the last gen looks way better when they had the big quarter panels and now everything is getting sleek with like little tiny body lines and I'm not a big fan so - how about the Levante yeah I

guess that would be in there so

0 resposta a "2021 Audi Q8 Review - Smooth and Relaxing"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel