2021 Genesis G90 Review - Not Quite an S Class

2021 Genesis G90 Review - Not Quite an S Class

2021 Genesis G90 Review - Not Quite an S Class


196.341 visualizações • 15 de mai. de 2021 • We go for a drive in the 2021 Genesis G90. Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thestraightpipes Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c... Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thestraightp... Shoutout www.dvshop.ca for camera stuff Buy our shirts! Profits go directly to burnouts: https://shop.spreadshirt.com/thestrai... https://shop.spreadshirt.com/thestrai... Add us on Instagram @TheStraightPipes Equipment we use that you can purchase on Amazon: GoPro Hero 4 & 5 Black (http://amzn.to/2iPzhE6) Sony Action Cam (http://amzn.to/2hWn8xd) Sony A6000 (http://amzn.to/2hzIv6g) Sony A7S (http://amzn.to/2hWo0ls) Sony RX100 IV (http://amzn.to/2iiSyAJ) Manfrotto Video Tripods (http://amzn.to/2iACmIQ) DJI Phantom 3 Pro Drone (http://amzn.to/2iPA5ZE) DJI Inspire 1 Drone (http://amzn.to/2iQEShN) DJI Osmo (http://amzn.to/2iPJDDW) Our reviews give you two perspectives. Jakub takes the perspective of the car enthusiast, while Yuri represents the interests of the general consumer. You won't find details about engine compression ratios here, instead you'll have real world opinions on what it's like to drive and own cars. Mostrar menos Mostrar mais

2021 Genesis G90 Review - Not Quite an S Class



I'm Yuri I'm Jacob we're going for a drive south closed off closed [Music] 2018 Genesis g90 5.0 v8 do you think this is the right engine for this car I do the 3.3 twin-turbo v6 I don't think would be enough that should stay in the G 80 is that the same one from the G 70 it is as well you know speaking of G 70 check out our G 70 video that car is awesome 2019 g 7d all very good 70 though but back to this one this is super luxury it is reasonably quick you get that luxury send however this is

not a car like the 7 Series or the S Class would be like bring your buddies in the car hey watch this and none of that in this car no this is just perfectly adequate yeah kind of older style smoothness which I like there's no lag you just send it and it goes so should we address the elephant in the room yes we should this car kind of looks like an S Class 2014 Mercedes S Class review no but you know what I think it looks like a Genesis Genesis hasn't been around long enough for peopl e to fully

accept what a Genesis actually looks like yes but this particular car is very heavily influenced by the Mercedes S Class of the previous generation influenced but changed enough its the taillights that's what does it for me for the rear end that's why it looks like a previous gen S Class yeah they kind of come up and swoop up but they do look cool and they do suit the car really well they do they look great he does they look like ass class 1 they kind of look G 80-ish you 're kind of what do you

think of the front end though I think it's great it's got that Genesis front end grill it has no other front end grill and they're not copying anyone very true it is Genesis and the headlights are very Genesis the headlights are very Genesis they're not as good as the G 80 but they're better than the G 70 in auto mode the headlights are off and it's only those lights at the bottom that are on so you need to have it in the daytime running light mode I don't lik e those LED strips below the

headlights the headlight LEDs look amazing yeah we also have a little bit of chrome at the front it's okay not like the craziest looking thing ever but it looks good before we talk more about looks the visor test yeah yeah for sure spoiler alert every Sunday I already saw the icon up here three two one full pass blocks the whole window okay a lot of people in the comments have been complaining that we don't talk about the audio systems enough and w e should stop doing the visor test and talk more

about audio systems we're not gonna stop doing the visor tests never but look like what the audio system it's good now we talked about it no no it's like really good you can turn it up so loud that like 75% of the way through it hurts your ears okay back to looks I like the wheels the wheels are cool I think they're my back wheels they're very similar but they look good just not as big yeah exactly I think they could be one size up the side profile I love it I love the body lines they're subtle

but like strong you know what I mean I do know what you mean it's just not the best angle for me I like it I really like the rear-end angle because it looks class whatever though very wide tires very wide tires they look amazing from the back that's why I like the backend exhaust dual exhaust it has the fake tip in the middle but that's fine whatever because it also has very dark mufflers so you can't tell that it's fake you know what else does that in the s-class you know what else has that

the g70 a lot of cars have that yeah that's enough boat looks let's talk about the rear passenger area oh yeah it's amazing it's not next-level like Mercedes and BMWs but it's very good for the price unreal for the price you've got a center armrest that comes down with a ton of controls like a ton way more than most cars you control the front radio and infotainment with the back buttons and everything's laid out intuitively and then you can also adjust your seating position and have it recline

which is very nice they have so many options you even have an option says door which means if you're reclined if you click door when you open the door it'll put you in a nice position so you can get out comfortably yeah it's actually really smart what's the most important feature that they have peasant blockers peasant blockers and they come up so nice and quietly and smoothly yeah I better the trip h as a blocker as well I'd really like to point that out how quiet those come up the motors and

the doors are very quiet and we also have peasant blockers for the little corner windows so they paid attention to that so great job there's also heated and cooled seats in the back you can also move this passenger seat forward from the back but it doesn't have a footrest like the 7 Series that's right but it moves so much faster than the 7 Series does and in a smooth motion so is this bei ng driven around in car I don't really know if it is there's not that much back there it is very

comfortable being driven around on a budget yeah for me everything in here is just not enough for me everything here is perfect which infotainment system do I love the most Hyundai Kia and Genesis what car am i driving in Genesis g9 D what do I like about luxury cars the knob yes I think this knob control is fantastic yeah well I see fingerprints because there's fingerprints on the screen which don't actually activate the touchscreen and those are from me because I would like a touchscreen I

wanted a touchscreen until I got used to it it's so perfect check this out I don't think it's perfect turn it on you've got hard buttons for everything a lot of buttons but do they look overwhelming no no no not at all but the infotainment itself I do not like let me explain to you why it's the best the dial is very similar to how the one in the Mercedes works remem ber they got rid of that in the 8th class and we're really upset about it yes you've got your home back button right up here you

click home it shows you all the settings like the e-class did but the AMG and the s-class does not it zooms in too much and you can't see them all so I like that right away I just don't think it's very impressive it looks pretty budget what did we not like about the g70 it's that the infotainment look too much like a Hyundai Kia this they changed enough but with the exact same functionality so they didn't change it correctly I think they did because it does look classy it does rewind 10

satellite radio stations but you need to use the knob to get there you can't just push the remind button it makes it better because I don't have to look where my fingers going all I have to do is down down click click click up up alright now go to the map tell me how budget that looks it looks like a Kia Hyundai but exactly but it's a good ma p so why would they change it because they need to make it look nicer to match everything in its class tell me that this look better tell me that this looks

better than the s-class tell me right now thank you the map could use some work everything about the infotainment could use a little bit of work to spice it up for this class that's it enough about this infotainment I'd like to drive admit that it's pretty good it's pretty good alright you it's not great though you can drive let m e put it into park with this amazing shifter which we'll talk about shortly will we ok fine I'll talk about it now it is the perfect distance away from the armrest when

you're using the tuning knob your arm sits perfectly on the shelf style shifter yeah that's true actually I did notice that now you drive over are you ready sport mode sport mode send it's not bad not bad at all I love the drivetrain it's very luxury sent it is it's very comfortable so we do have four different driving modes and they're very confusing so we have smart sport eco and individual I don't like that there's no comfort or comfort plus because if you go through the settings you can

actually adjust it to comfort or comfort Plus but that has only impacted your individual setting not your smart or your sport so you don't know if you're in comfort suspension in smart mode that is a very valid complaint it's just a little bit confusing but if you don't want to think about it ever you leave it in smart mode and you just assume that you're in the most comfortable position it's pretty comfortable in that it is but what if you want to sometimes send but you want to send but still

be comfortable okay you got it then you have to go individual what I don't like about the modes is that that green and orange is a little too bright I think for a class your car should be darker and more mature I agree it looks cheaper but we've got sick gauges they are pretty nice they're the r egular Hyundai Kia Genesis gauges that are very simple yeah there's always work you know what's going on it's perfect enough about the gauges back to the power 420 horsepower out of a five liter v8 and

383 pound-feet of torque that's good horsepower numbers it is actually I actually can't say enough good things about the ride quality in this I would actually compare this to an s-class in terms of general comfort and ride quality this does a lot of things as good if not better than an s-class I wouldn't say it better I wouldn't say this does a single thing better as a good intuitiveness dude s-class is confusing merceditas spend some time I bet you pure senior citizens need to spend so much

more time getting used to an s-class than getting used to this and this car is slightly for senior citizens it would be very easy to get to the bingo hall on this yeah very easy would take a little longer in the Mercedes yes it would there something better all right fine you got me there and I don't mind it being an old person car I like old person cars I so do why I have a Lexus GS 2001 pure old person card not anymore cuz I lowered it you'll see videos about that soon little ha I'm gonna turn

on my quilt seeds okay that's what I don't like about the cooled seats yeah yeah they're too far back you need to look down yes the stinger had a lot of stuff like that as well back to the powertrain transmission very smooth this is all wheel drive each track that badge get rid of the bag the only reason people had all-wheel drive badges with stuff like Quattro's cool it came out they won races you know what I don't think the genisis g90 ever won a race and it's not going to so just fine get rid

of the badge exactly hey keep talking about handling while we hit cliche corner I will I'll talk about the adaptive suspension which is actually very very comfortable you put into sport mode and sport mode is still equally comfortable I don't reall y find a huge difference between sport and comfort mode which I don't mind because I don't want this car to be super sporty but it's perfectly adequate for the level of sportiness that you want out of the car like this I fully agree with your

well-thought-out statement ok I guess I'll turn around now are you gonna use your reverse camera I am and it's in quite high definition it's just like the stinger it's got all the cool settings where you can check where your front wheel s your back wheels are but this one is like super HD for some reason it is super HD it's not Mercedes level HD but it's Genesis level Mercedes doesn't have the stuff on the front wheel and back wheels to see how far you are from a curb very true another thing this

beats a Mercedes at you know what it doesn't beat it at Android auto apple carplay yeah doesn't have it this is the first kia hyundai genesis that we've sat in that does not have that besides the base model real yeah ok but that's not expected no well I mean this doesn't have a touchscreen so that's probably why they're out of apple carplay or not oh no touchscreen and as far as I'm concerned if you've got apple carplay you're not gonna use Apple Maps anyway so there's really no point I think

you're just coming up with skews for them not having yeah probably I'm a Genesis apologist yeah sounds like I'm just trying to tell people trust me it's go trust me it's good wait a couple years it's good but I a ctually really liked it and I think it's gonna be really good in a couple years yeah what about right now no right now it's really good I think in a couple years everyone's gonna accept it as being really good right now in all the comments any time you mentioned Hyundai Kia Genesis and

be like no it's good now it's good now there's always people saying that you know what isn't good though Adil's I didn't have any issues with it they're creaky that's the quality that kind of pisses m e off I expect it to not be tricky hit me right now on ER Creek do you hear that yeah there's a little bit of creak thank you you know what else creaks the mirror okay maybe that should be there's certain things that I just don't think are up to par but for the price is it acceptable yes

because it's competing with cars that are in a lower price bracket which are smaller so if you want a bigger car in a lower price bracket then this is the biggest one you can get if that m akes any sense so this is bigger for the same price or a lot cheaper for the same size yes seems like a good plan to me I'm not getting paid by this company I know it sounds like that yeah I actually like it Jacob knows this he will defend my opinions to the death hey I haven't seen your check so I don't know

if you got any mail that I don't if I when I get a Plymouth Prowler then you guys can start accusing me of getting paid by people and I'll tell you who I get paid by because th en we actually have money yeah patreon.com slash the straight pipes yeah please it's either that or we sell more merch or watches or watch it watch our next watch ad because we're actually gonna do some watch ads or Vikings iPhone games back to the steering wheel because we've got a little off-topic there these meat

tenderizing fingers button things they look like meat tenderizers they've been in other cars yeah but they're way sharper in this one and way bigger I like the shap e of the steering wheel a lot oh I hate the shape of it the actual four-spoke thing I can't stand that I can never get comfortable because on a long trip I want to cruise like this but I want my hand to be exactly where that spoke is we do have lane keep assist and radar cruise works perfectly the lane keep assist doesn't need to be

in cruise control to work a lot of cars need that in the Volvo s90 if you hit the brakes while you're in cruise control and pilot assist it's gonna turn off pilot assist it's gonna be very very minimal assist and I I do agree that it does suck and I wish there was a separate button just like it is in here moving on to more interior stuff the seats very comfortable I can get comfortable apparently you can't yeah there's something weird about this seat that doesn't fit perfect with my spine but I

think I hurt my back so that might be it I have no issues with it what I do have an issue with is that there's no massage yes but for the pr ice kind of understandable but for the class not really what I don't like is that the headrest aren't super soft I did notice that but the headrests are adjustable forward back up and down what I do like about it and it's perfect for the class the analog clock and what do we have below that we have this crazy old person spec wood trim I kind of like the old

person spec wood trim but it's definitely old person from an old do you look at stuff it's like firewood almost like let me like wood on fire ya know like fire patterned wood it's kind of cool it's definitely old person ish well you can actually spec a black interior because we have a brown one and then you get a different wood I do like the brown I do like the satin trim the metal and we do have some gloss black down by the touch controls which is annoying but there's not that much of it so

I'll let it slide something I won't let slide a small cup of Tim Hortons coffee the cup holder opens to the inside a nd it'll pop your lid off it's a pain you're not the best you need a media actually full fail completely fail full disappointment I think they need the sliding thing like the g70 had I've got one more complaint that I forgot about and it comes down to my control knob and I love so much it doesn't have a volume slider here think about it does that not bother you I just looking at it

it's gloss black it's pissing me off no I forgot about that maybe I should wrap it in firewood yeah baby you've been saying it's in a weird class what's the price eighty-seven thousand dollars all in I'd also like to point out that the difference in price between the 3.3 liter twin turbo and the 5 liter v8 is only three thousand dollars and you get some interior stuff too so what do you think should go with the 800 I think you're stupid if you bought this in the 3.3 liter v6 yeah $3,000 buddy

working extra couple hours a couple days is as much faster than the 3.3 v yeah it's a lot fa ster yeah is that a good price for this if you're comparing this to an s-class is it a good price for it I think because of the size if you want the size you want to be comfortable back yes but you just don't get all the same features if you want the same ride quality and comfort yes so are you kind of being badge snobby right now no I'm being features snobby for the class yeah but that s that's we

had wasn't that outclassing this yeah it was how many colors of ambient lighting do we have in here isn't recive its we have one color and it's it's you know options with interior it'll match the interior perfectly it's a dark bluish how many people did you take for a drive on that one and try and impress versus this one that's what I thought don't forget to subscribe hit the notification bell and patreon.com slash the straight pipes you know I really like this Genesis I know you do you

know what I actually went to the camera store and the camera guys we

0 resposta a "2021 Genesis G90 Review - Not Quite an S Class"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel